Just another article

Discussion in 'Insys Therapeutics' started by anonymous, Sep 7, 2018 at 11:03 AM.

Tags: Add Tags

1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You think? "Just another article?" Maybe for some , but not for me or my family. Jeff is my son and it is my family that has been ripped to pieces by Subsys, prescribed to Jeff, in record high doses, for "off-label" treatment of chronic pain related to his war injuries.

If you know this board, you know me as "the mother" I have told my son's story here and elsewhere. I shared our family's nightmare with the dual hope it might prevent other's from becoming victims and also to encourage other victims (or their survivors in many cases) to tell their stories. I have worked tirelessly to keep this horrific story in the media and bring those responsible to justice. It hasn't happened yet.

Along the way, I have heard from many of you. Some offered their support and understanding, others only harsh judgement. I learned important truths from both. And over the past few years, you have heard from me. You have felt my absolute outrage, witnessed my agony and most importantly, know I will never abandon my quest to speak for those who's lives were taken or forever altered.

On my journey, I have seen the face of sheer evil. At first glance, it looks just like everyone else. But I learned to wait, keep watching. The mask eventually slides off and when this happens, you make a choice, look away, or become forever changed. It's a soul searing moment either way.

For reasons both related and unrelated to my son's fate, I am now very ill. It's a bit surprising to me that as time grows shorter, my world view seems longer and more optimistic. I think our true nature tends toward goodness and that evil, while real, is an aberrancy, doomed to die with the few souls it occupies.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I have a great many faults. Mindless repetition isn't among them. Comment or not, as you wish. The truth doesn't need an echo chamber.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You are a strong mother advocating for your son. Every story counts the truth must be told about this scum bag company and everyone involved.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

There's no doubt that this country is in the middle of a crisis, In 2016, opioids killed more people than car accidents. More recent studies show that opioid deaths have, for the first time, lowered life expectancy rates in the US. That's a trend of catastrophic proportion, left unchecked, eventually it could threaten our very existence. So it's not my "story" or my problem. As a nation, we must recognize and confront this menace.

How? First we need to fundamentally change our thinking about addicts and addiction. Using the car accident comparison; we all know someone killed in a car crash. Some were "at fault", some not. Either way, we don't look at the victims, or especially other drivers, as irresponsible, worthless, weak people, totally responsible for their own fates. Contrast this with the stereotypical view of someone labeled "drug addict." You see the distinction.

As with most problems, assigning blame is not helpful. Discovering causation , however, is essential. There's a growing body of research that is helping us make sense of the who, how and why's of opioid addiction. It's complicated and the answers are elusive. Still it's a battle we must fight and cannot afford to lose.

We are all stakeholders, only one phone call away from being thrown into the center of this national disaster.
    Educate yourself, donate your time and financial resources if you can. Make your voice and vote count. Reach out to your local, state and national representatives and be certain they understand how much you care about this issue. Don't let fear, shame or even arrogance (It can't happen to me or my family) keep you silent.

As for Insys, I still wake up at night with the seemingly inescapable question in my mind...WHY?
    I can't help but wonder if they do the same.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You are asking a drug rep the question why?