Just got my Medicines offer...

Discussion in 'Cubist' started by Anonymous, Aug 8, 2014 at 9:48 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The ship is full of shit and stinking! I mean sinking!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Koolaid drinker, much? None of the vancins have that much patent life left. There were three in the class (tele, dalba, orita - at Lilly we called them the "vancin" sisters) and they all were discovered about the same time and patented at the same time. That means they all have about the same short patent life left. They are from the late 90s and are NOT new.

You are only kidding yourself if you think that drug, with its toxicities, will ever be anything but third line after vanco and Zyvox when it goes generic in 2015.

I worked on all three and know the class better than you ever could.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You obviously have no idea what the word "patent" means. Oritavancin and Dalbavancin have 10 year patents under the GAIN act. They will be around for a long time and the indications they have (at least Dalbavancin) will grow quickly.

Yes, they have been around a while in development, now that they are approved, they will be in the market stealing vanco and cubicin market share slowly but surely.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I could give a shit! I would sell porta pottos for the Medco and their great managers!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm hearing the officers are flying in!!! I'm shocked the cubist management is doing nothing to retain its people!! We're small; why wouldnt management just pick up the phone and individually let us know how vauled we are?!?! Something simple like that (and perhaps the promise of a modest bump in pay) could have prevented a mass exodus. As salespeople we use these tactics all the time!! Blown opportunity cubist!! Inseat of having bullshit scare tactic conference calls you shold have been protecting your salesforce!!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Chambers don't throw out you consultant business cards after September 1st you'll need them again. Just got my offer & I'll see a lot of you in training soon.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

FOR 150K A YEAR BASE, I'LL SELL INJECTABLE DOG SHIT!!!!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Nice...they r flying me down to Atlanta on Tuesday and if all goes well I'll be in training the last week of August. I hope they roll play because after the NSM I'm getting good at it.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You might not want to spend that $150 right away. I have been talking to a very, very large health system in my area. They have already compared dalba and orita and orita is dog shit! Just compare the labels. It's not even close. This will be the case all over the country and the Med Co. will be all over your ass in about 6 months when it is rejected by most P&T's. It's already happening. Have fun.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Who cares I'll be out of this shit storm now go beg for someone to buy a blister pack of our me too drug. Put it in veeva & on your C3 report, and don't forget to tell your manager on your 2 day ride along. Don't forget to roll play before you go see your Doctor. Who's your daddy?

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have heard the same when the topic of those two drugs comes up. Anyone who has compared the PI's says it's not even close.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why do you think they have to "buy" talent? Money is all they have since the product is a big loser. For naive folks, who jump at the short term money, good luck. There is the old saying: "if its too good to be true then....................................

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Your an idiot!!! You always have to buy talent!! when you want the best, you're going to pay for it. I can bet that when you joined Cubist, they lo balled you on the salary, but you were to much of a punk to stand up for yourself and demand you get payed what your worth. You're obviously one of these cool aid drinking big pharma reps who need his hand held, and his mommy to wipe his butt. Is this going to be an easy sell, NO, but, thats why we get paid.

The BIG difference between men like me and boys like you is that i can take any challenge head on and still win. You need a playbook, field rides, the drug cant have any issues in the PI , or its become "to hard" for you to sell. If people are taking a chance and leaving this joke of a company, then i say "go for it". Anything in life that is risky is rewarding. Your probably the same idiot who go's in the office with DD for the entire staff and lets the secretary talk down to you, then shuts right up when the Dr. has an objection. Do us all a favor and go back to big pharma and just drop of your samples you weakling. You're the reason that bears eat their young!!!

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

you dont know what you are talking about.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wow. I think you have bought into the targeted sales pitch that the MC has been formulating based on numerous meetings with disgruntled CBMs like yourself. 150k, 56 base, 2500 options all to blind you to the fact that you are going to be launching a product into the market that has no history and is purely going to be sold on convenience to the patient. You don't know the price, the reimbursement, etc....not sure if you knew that they have let people go in the past when things don't work out? They are a hard-core sales organization that is trying to not only gain new reps, but pick off their competition in the process. You go through a couple interviews and you think the company is the end all be all and life will be so much better there? Very short-sighted thinking my friend. You have been SOLD. I hope you save some of that intitial money, because it's going to suck when they let half the sales force go when Oritivancin does not reach its early on expectations.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

oh shucks, they didn't hire you did they?! so now you post on here

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why aren't all you negative posters leaving? Does the Medicines Company not want you? What are you waiting for? All talk and no action means you are weak and afraid. Where is the list of all these people leaving? Face it, there will be very few of you that take the leap of faith to buy what they are selling.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It is amazing that so many people on these boards are bitching about their 6 figure jobs. That's the top 5% of all Americans. The few of you that have the EQ of a rabid dog please go find something else to do. Like the world owes you something, you should be amazingly grateful to work in such a rewarding profession.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Happiness, job satisfaction, and being treated like a human being, surprisingly, are more important to some than a six figure income. Fortunately, one can find all of the above in companies with competent leaders who possess above average EQ's.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The "world" doesn't owe me anything. But I was under the strange assumption that "my company" owes me compensation in line with my job responsibilities and talents. We don't work at McDonald's, folks. What we do is a little more difficult and requires a little more skill. Completely insulting. And probably written by management who views us as dispensable.