Just interviewed for an Orapharma Account Manager

Discussion in 'Orapharma' started by anonymous, Dec 20, 2017 at 6:32 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Just interviewed for an Account Manager position and did not get a great vibe. They made a reference that if they hired myself and I hit 98% of goal, it would would be bad for them. I always strive to meet or exceed goals, but thought that was an unnecessary statement. I felt like this bozo only cared about his own potential bonus. If I hit 98% of bonus in my first quarter I would think that was a success in the learning stage. I was also asked for a business plan by this regional leader and was made to feel stupid when I did not have one with me. In all my years in Account Management I have never been asked in an interview for a typed business plan. I barely know anything about the company, I'm not an employee, and I am supposed to have a 30, 60 & 90 day plan? Should I run or is there any light at the end of the tunnel?

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You’re right. You’re not the right person for the job. If you don’t know about the company, why are you interviewing for it? I’ve never been on an interview without having a business plan- it shows you can hit the ground running. He prob said the 98% thing to see if it scared you. Sounds like he weeded you out.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I understand the basics of Orapharma, but every company I have worked for has given a business plan to follow and than asked for personal goals once you are hired. I am a successful sales person and any idiot knows a basic business plan by heart. You first have to know the day to day details of your training, territiory etc, before you can come up with an accurate business plan. The first 30 days you are learning, the 2nd 30 days you are applying was you have learned and how you are going to meet company goals. The last 30 is generally when I would take a more proactive stance to the job. My whole point of mentioning the 98% retention was his own words. He stated it would not be good for himself. A good manager always would say that a 98% retention goal would not be good for your compensation and as your manager my goal is to help you succeed. I immediately knew this gentleman hides behind his computer collecting a paycheck and is not the person you want with you in the field.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I agree with you. Not all Regional Managers are the same as I have been with company for 10 years. Give it your best and give them what they are looking for. Overall the job is pretty easy if you enjoy people.