Just IV for position-salary bonus/car??

Discussion in 'Nitromed' started by Anonymous, Mar 4, 2011 at 11:16 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have seen the negative posts. However, I have relaunched supposedly dog drugs before and done quite well. I am not scared. Position seems like a great challenge. If I am moved forward, how much can a 7 year rep with Specialty, Hospital and PCP expect? Territories appear to be large. Didn't get exact on that . I will interview with Jeff Mason at some point. anyone know him?

Also, is it car allowance or car? I was told it was contract force originally, now hiring manufacturer reps.

Thanks for info. Also, if anyone is far enough along to know about training where and how long and when would be great. For one product should be a week away?

Thanks@

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You were told wrong...group that was hired in round 1 was contract---group that was hired in round 2 was a direct hire by NitroMed and Deerfield---oh yeah, Deerfield was around back then--even if they tell you otherwise. Round 2 reps made a lot of money in base--range from 82000+/car allowance back then was $600 a month/gas card/and $4000 a quarter in meal allowance....Round 3 reps have been hired at @ 60000+ in base...don't know about the car allowance directly---but was told $500 a month/gas card/don't know about meal allowance---I covered 5 states when I was there.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So you quit? They told me they only had about 6 territories open for a while, and now they are adding, so that would cut down on size. Did you not like it? Was Bilidil that hard to sell? Thanks so much for info! quite a difference 82k to 60 K, but I guess smaller territories? Thanks!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

We all loved NitroMed. The management was awesome! The company closed its doors on January 15, 2008 after a 4:00 PM conference call. The challenge with BiDil was that the indication is geared to heart failure patients---those patients are self-identified black patients--older to elderly. However, the insurance plans that these patients would most likely have coverage with did not cover BiDil--Medicaid/Medicare Part D. BiDil did have coverage on 82% of commercial plans, but guess what, heart failure patients may be "active" but are not actively working. The 2 generic components that make up BiDil are on the market, therefore, government plans did not cover BiDil during that time. I don't know what the situation now is.