Just the facts

Discussion in 'Galderma' started by Anonymous, Mar 20, 2015 at 11:55 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Here is the truth from someone who recently left G . I had been employed there longer then 3 years , but less than 10 .

NO ONE knows what the future holds for the WHOLE industry . Forget being loyal , do your best FOR you . Don't sell your soul to this company or any other company for that matter .

G has made a habit of promoting Yes men & woman / company clones , those who follow orders , move across country , or take a tiny raise and show loyalty will get the first look . Those above them continue to promote the weaker candidate or satisfy Jesse Jackson with a minority hire ( CS , KC , DL , GA , TD & now in other jobs FH & GA ) to make themselves look better , save their skin . Despite this some new managers have built teams and been real with them . Most have not , they feed their teams BS and keep an uprising at bay . They do their bosses bidding and make their reps insecure .
    The net result over time, weakening company , failing from the top down ( at least through Rx ) . There needs to be massive change here , these " VP " types add no value , they do ' busy work ' and over coach around small ideas . Look at those who have left been fired they didn't light it up out there in the real world did they ? CS , KC & DL , for example , have no vision , they just agree with whatever is told to them from above . Great foot soldiers , horrible leaders . No fight in them , just in it for themselves . No guts or business acumen .

The salesforce WANT direction , they need strong fearless leadership . Morale can be restored with leaders who want to help , treat employees right, ESPECIALLY those who have put in years of quality service , they get screwed . Talk is cheap , the smart ones watch leadership actions , I saw leaders motivated by self protection . Looking after pay packet , retirement . Had to leave .

EVERY company has it's flaws , for G it has been ( from what I saw and heard from many , many people ) the middle managers . I was encouraged by Stuart , but I guess he left . Work your job , make some money and be good to the good people you work along side . There are some good people left , but the number is shrinking . It's your life , G will ditch you for a prettier date , make choices with bigger picture in mind .

Loyalty to G , please , that's for some dump ass newbie trying to impress .

Peace

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm new-ish . The new woman running the rx unit has a great resume , but did you see that video she sent ???? WTH was that ? Corny over used lines , it was like my pathetic college sports coach !!!!! #badhire

I get what the OP is saying here I think having a company based in Texas is dangerous . Apart from maybe Austin it is a back woods conservative place , boring & non progressive . hey ' don't mess with texas' . Not an original thought in that provincial & hill billy state . The way they treat Texas employees , sales people or home office. They reward them in their easy as pie territories & don't understand F in healthcare outside of that state. Cookie cutter approach doesn't work all over these United States .

#applenotintexas4areason

#lessvaluedoutsideTX

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Anyone who spends a week at Galderma can see there is a big disconnect between field based employees and Texas based . There is a major disruption in the Force !

Darth Vader

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Problem might be solved by bringing in people from the field or recruiting employees from outside of Texas. Agree that we need new thought leaders with a different perspective. Time will tell but he do see positive changes coming out of corporate at least more so than in past.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I agree , I'm a manager . Some of the more tenured Galderma middle managers are well intentioned people , just not equipped or suited for the role they are in . Curley , Sellen , Carruth etc were given roles they had no business being in . Roles that exposed weakness rather than build on strengths . Time to move people in to correct roles and streamline management , there are far too many managers focused on myopic things that are either not important or something a sales manager should be handling .

Examples : Sales rep work ethic , individual territory R and F . How many signatures a certain sales rep got vs counterpart , interviewing potential sales reps , looking at every sales reps vision board ( really !! ) the list of non productive day fillers could go on !

Honestly , some middle managers fill their day with endless email chains on suspect sales rep success stories , like it's 1999 !

My hope is the company growing process will also include a shedding of no vital roles such as MC account managers and those mentioned above . It would make everyone's life more focused on the bottom line activities .

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Gutless is a word I'd use when talking about Galderma legacy middle managers . Abraham can't be trusted neither can Carruth or bad hair Dan , all are so fearful they will join their pals from Cetaphil or Marketing in the unemployment line . They add nothing other than negative internal politics and a un needed layer of management .

Bye Bye boys your time is also up .

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you want just the facts, then here it is. The sales professionals could close their eyes and no matter who the manager is it's the same nonsense. They call you up and tell you that this is the most important quarter and you have to make your numbers or you will be placed on a PIP. They say the same thing EVERY Quarter. These managers sit around and give the same message over and over. This is not for the sales professional but so that they can sit and collect their bonuses based on your hard work. They are paid to manage the sales folks and provide SPECIFIC guidance in order to drive sales. Not one manager on THE A/C side does this. They spend their days buying and selling real estate on the side and in a not nice way telling their staff you have to make your numbers this quarter but speak in generalities and provide no SPECIFIC gudiance. Isn't that what they are paid for. On the A/C side, these managers are buying and selling real estate, resdesigining their homes and taking care of personal business all day but not really providing the management skills they are paid to do. But then again, what do you expect when the A/C leadership runs around telling people how much money they have or how many trips they have taken and keep promoting the same personalities into management roles. That is why Galderma is destined to fail and not have any significant growth over what Valeant did.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Maybe Valeant wasn't so bad. At least I made Money there.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

My manager is very well respected buy customers and this team. He knows the industry and has helped me tremendously. Every time I'm with him, reps from other teams call and ask his advice. If you need additional help, take control of your career and ask for it. Maybe then you'll make enough buy some investments of your own.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This sounds like a very SPECIFIC set of experiences and SPECIFIC managers . I doubt you have been at G long . Most DSMs are not the problem . 25-30 % are crap , but so are 25-30 % of the people they manage .

I agree with OP and others here , middle managers are the issue , they were promoted without the stones or skill set to do their jobs . Not an original thought to be found .

Perhaps the manager over seeing your DSM is the issue . He / She should be checking travel , ride alongs etc to see if the DSM is pulling their weight . If the DSM is pulling a side gig the question should be why ? No money to be made at G , no future , no motivation to go after unreachable goals ? Those are the scary questions old guard will not face .

This place will continue to lose quality people because " without leadership and vision , the people perish "

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Mike Carruth is a tool! Chris Sellen is an asshole!

How did someone like Jonas Kroop get promoted to a managers position? The guy is a problem in so many ways its not funny.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Will Chuck's new role help with all this ? My geography going to be part of that road show and tell . Is it really about change , new direction or a propaganda . Isn't Chuck pals with all the bad leadership that needs to be resigned ? Curious in Cali

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Chuck is simply a cheerleader and nothing more. no substance whatsoever. I think it is funny that they are sending him on some kind of feel good tour. Nothing will change but ole chuck will do his best to tell you that everything is just great. Ask him about the numbers the quotas the business and where it is going? He will not have any real answers and it goes to show how weak this place has become and what a void we have for real leadership and vision. Remember just a year or so ago everybody was touting Stewart and how everything was going to be better? We are now no better off and the place continues to spiral down. Where is Stewart now ? Some do nothing job overseas that has no real impact on the US business. They are simply trying to curtail a mass-exodus which my friends over the next few months and years is inevitable. We all have been repeatedly warned on this site and at meetings. All one has to do is see all of the turnover at the home office at key jobs and it tells you everything. They cannot hold on to their key people and or show no loyalty to them so why would anyone with any ability and or knowledge in the derm space come here?

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

they did at least recognize there is an issue with people leaving , that is a start , far from we we were this time last year . glass half full

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well you would have to be blind not to notice that people are leaving in droves and the talent and the experience keeps going south as they replace people. I have read a lot of the posts and it makes a lot of sense that the company invested heavily in new products and products outside of the managed care world.( aesthetics) and now they have to pay it back. It is just business but it is not much fun trying to hit 30% + growth targets in very competitive markets without real plans and without real marketing and leadership. No amount of cheer leading is going to fix that. The Rx space seems to be in more trouble then aesthetics.

The Chuck feel good tour is yet another example of how these people have no clue how to fix this thing. Very discouraging.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Tour future dates cancelled .

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Is Sellan a micro manager?

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Big time - worthless and brings no value

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

My manager is so weak all he can do is send out reports of how many calls we make and threaten us all the time. Meanwhile, all he does is babysit his kids all day at home. He has no business being a manager, but the weak middle management hired him in as part of his boy's club.