KCI AE's do you go into the OR?

Discussion in 'KCI' started by Anonymous, Oct 26, 2009 at 8:43 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

looking to get into med. device sales and saw a posting on medreps for a KCI Acute Care rep

1. do the KCI Acute Care reps go into surgery & ORs?
    2. why do you have to be on call?
    3. do you like working for KCI?

thanks for serious replies

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes, KCI Acute reps are supposed to go into the OR. Since the product has been out a while, it is not always easy because the docs think they don't need a rep for the VAC; a smart rep can figure out other angles on getting in to the OR. Going forward, more products will be coming out that will be surgical, so you will need to have relationships throughout the OR and with the docs to get new products evaluated and championed through new product committees. there are some AE who can't get into the OR or who don't try to hard; as these new products come out their lack of knowledge will be a use it or lose it (as in your job) situation. that's why we don't hire pharma reps too much. most of them know a 10-2 day, and that ain't this company.

you aren't technically on call, some managers say that, they are full of shit. we have a 24 hour service line; if someone can't figure out a VAC, it's no medical emergency, they can go to a rescue dressing. it depends on how YOU "train" your hospital. If you had a nurse as the AE before you, it could be hard, because those people are hard wired to help, even when the hospital if fully capable. be wary of on call....if it is a new Trauma product, well, yeah, you may need to be available to those hospitals which makes sense because if they do something wrong that you could have prevented, it will be your reputation on the line.

I like this company, it certainly has its crap, but every major company does. if you go out and do your job, you are ok. Check the quotas though because if the rep before you was missing theirs for 3 months, that's why they were fired. people normally do not leave 100K plus jobs in this economy. and you will not be able to bring up a low percentage to plan, so get that in your guarantee somewhere (that you have 1 year or something to bring up the numbers) good luck

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I hate to break the news to you numbers do not matter. My husband's numbers were above plan, the manager's NOT, so who gets the brunt the AE, so that the manager saves his ass. DO NOT, I REPEAT, DO NOT WORK FOR MIKE DONOHOE, HE WILL FIRE YOU JUST LIKE HE DOES ALL THE OTHER REPS! IF YOU DO NOT BELIEVE ME ASK THE DOCTORS, PURCHASING AND ANY OTHER PERSON WHO WORKS FOR KCI! His turnover rate, is out of this world. You can also ask the doctors and the purchasing if the rep did their job as a KCI rep and they will tell you absolutley! These doctors and purchasing and nurses get tired of a new KCI rep everytime they turn around. And as for my husband he was invited into the OR all the time, because he gained the respect of the doctor. He worked his ass off for this company, and the company failed him, the manager failed him. SO BEWARE! Go ask any rep that has worked for Mike Donohoe, it will not be in his favor!

I am the Ex-Wife of KCI employee! I will not let another rep destroy his life by working for this man, so listen to me lound and clear!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Oh and can you not see all the threads? All negative!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Oh and my husband's number were above plan, and individuals that have not hit their numbers for months even a year are still there, it is all politics and favors.

Also Mr. Bob Evans you are not a Republican...do not even put your self in that category!
    Your way of thinking is not right!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Mrs. Hunter is correct. depending on what district and what region you are in, you either get the full spreadsheet, or you do not. sometimes we get it, sometimes we do not; acute and post acute numbers are there; Mr. Hunter was 89% to plan in April (tying or beating all but 1 other rep in the district) His Manager: Number 37 (Thats in the country out of about 40 acute managers). In May, he was 105% to plan (still only being led by one other AE). In June he was 112% to plan (now leading all the other reps). Without going further into the year, does this sound like a rep who should be fired for their numbers???? KCi may be able to hire and fire at will, but their are lawyers out there who love crap like this. Or, you can let it drop and try to move on.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What area is the said ex-employee in?? Can you give me a state?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Matt:
    Did you start this thread????

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Be warned! I worked for KCI a couple years ago before the split from surfaces division. I can tell you right now. Corporate and managers will let good people go for any reason - for me I was making too much money when the sale of the company came up - they got rid of several highly paid districts to make the company look like it was making a bigger profit - people with years invested in the company were let go so managers and middle management on up could cash in on the stock options.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I've been an Acute Rep for 2 years. This is pretty much spot on. There are lots of questions about the new comp plan. You are definitely better off with a territory with a large account. However, I like the job and have done well. Just realize if you are coming from pharma how much you work relates to how much you make far more than in pharma.

11. #11 Anonymous, Feb 16, 2014 at 6:13 PM
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 4, 2015 at 1:26 PM
    Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wow, is this for real?! If so I'm embarrassed for the rep.

Get a leash!!!!!

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

this is .......AWESOME!!!
    PLEASE KEEP IT UP!!