KCI Going Out of Business

Discussion in 'KCI' started by Anonymous, Jan 10, 2011 at 9:44 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hey all you haters, stop spreading rumors. KCI is alive and kicking. We just needed to "trim the fat off."

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks for the fat KCI, keep trimming. We'll take more.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Poor planning, knee jerk reactive, terrible leadership, etc. KCI has become a text book example business failures.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

LOL @ THIS IDIOT REFERRING TO KCI AS "WE". LET ME SEE IF HE REFERS TO IT AS "WE" WHEN HE IS CUT NEXT.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

KCI is stronger than ever! non-producers need to be cut, simple as that. If youre whining you are probably worried about your own short-comings. As a manager I see the layoffs as a helpful favor. Now i dont have to be blamed for getting rid of the dead-weight on my team.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Go fuck your mother KCI is old news.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The ship is sinking ladies. Patents on VAC are burning off. No new products. LIFC is a flop. Major debt. How much more obvious does it have to be. I'm just sayin.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

and with all nurses being let go...they are having wocns at hospitals & other accounts switch to S&N before they leave!!! It won't be long before there are NO KCI Vacs in any hospitals!!!!!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I was cut this year UIU & revenue were well over 100%. The 2 CAMS that are sharing what used to be my territory had seniority and were also right around 100%. It certainly was a helpful favor to me.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You can't be serious. Nurses love to feel like they're the center of the universe, but just to inform you, there's a guy way above you that makes the decision. Ever heard of a Doctor?

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

LMFAO!! Sometimes nurses can decide which product to use for NPWT IF the doc doesn't know the difference. Most docs that prescribed the VAC in what was my territory were specific to KCI.

And not to mention, if the poster is a nurse, you should be ashamed. You have an obligation to ensure the patient receives the best possible care. Putting a patient on that S&N piece of crap (I am a nurse and was just laid off) would not be upholding that obligation. Think about the patient instead of how pissed off you are at KCI.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

My my...aren't we naive? Keep a few things in mind, chica:
    1) There is no professional obligation to put patients on KCI exclusively...now that S&N (and whoever else wants to) can use the KCI foam, there is an argument to be made that other NWPT devices offer more than adequate performance.
    2) The device itself can be the best thing on th market, but I have seen MANY cases where corporate has fallen down on the job, causing VACs to not be released and necessitating patients to stay longer inthe hospital among other missteps.
    3) It doesn't matter what the docs want if the materials person in the hospital says no.

Yes, the VAC, Prevena, AbThera (but not Via!) are all great products, but they are not the only products out there. Hell, many docs are still using wet to dry and I don't see any calls for them to be ashamed. Gain a little bearing and a little perspective. KCI is just another company, and the company is not concerned in the *least* with the patient...

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

AMEN. One-Thousand Points of Light for saying "Chica." Seriously people, KCI is just another company. There are equivalent alternatives! Think about the big picture. Your brand loyalty is going to blind you. Take this from an CURRENT KCI EMPLOYEE. Stop drinking the Kool-Aid. Sure KCI has some good stuff, and I'm glad I have a job, but look around. You can get the same tech elsewhere, and its just as efficacious only half the cost.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

exactly! s&n is cheaper & wocns will "help" switch over if kci employees admit there's no difference..just increased cost!! duhhhhh

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Be careful..."those Doctors" come to our defense also !! We make their world easier. Don't fuck with their world !!