KCI to aquire Systagenix

Discussion in 'Systagenix Wound Care' started by Anonymous, Jul 30, 2013 at 11:51 AM.

Tags: Add Tags

1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Did not see that coming.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

KCI will have no need for any of us in th field sales force. They already have a strong presence and actually already went through big layoffs. Why would they keep us? We compliment them perfectly and it was a good move for them to buy systagenix. Two options: ride oily what's left and get a package or leave on your own accord.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Did not see that coming? Really? This has been in the works for years! Do you forget who the majority of the original management was made up of? KCI! The higher ups kicked this around for years and frankly I am surprised it didn't have sooner. So much for this company saying "we will never get in the NPWT game". Well congrats the bulk of your business is just that with the 30 year old disposables as tertiary products in your bag, if they need all the reps...

What I would like to know is how they got $485 million for this turd. There is no way this company is worth a penny over 8 million bucks. Whoever negotiated that price from Systagenix deserves a hand and release. well played sir.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I can hear the foot steps of the JP's running back to us!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well it is done...with that out of the way the ass kickers at Systagenix can take the wound care pace by storm. I am so proud to work for a Great company like KCI. We will now be able to move a great product like Tiellebith all of the great relationships our KCI colleagues have. WooHoo!!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You need to sharpen your pencil. It's 6 times earnings to determine worth and then value based on the acquisition of the land and buildings in Gatwick and Gargrave- all company real estate. The capital equipment used to assemble and make the products is worth 5 million alone I would bet. The poster below is either sarcastic or a Moron when he/she comments on wonderful KCI. Next 6 months will suck.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So the land and real estate in UK/US must be worth over 475 million because our sales are dismal....

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes, sales do suck. Same poster here. What are sales like 80 mil Keep in mind we are global and just because US is sucking wind doesnt mean Spain and France are. So 6 times earnings is 480 mil mil plus the intangible, proprietary or trademarked value of our branding and product claims which might fetch another 10mil. this includes Wound Check. Then you have the capital equipment in the UK and Realestate which must be worth 4 million. That's 494 mil. Then buy any debt as well. Soundalike they got a deal.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm scared for my job...

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well, unless states nix reps get the vac in their bag and the KCI reps get wound care and everyone does the same thing then maybe there is hope. But, I have a feeling that KCI vac reps will simply be trained on the wound care dressings and cross sell for before and after vac use. Makes more sense. Leave on your own terms. Don't wait for someone to deal you a hand. IMHO.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I don't think anything happens right away however if you have paid any attention to what KCI has done they have cut a lot of fat off their company in the last year or so and had lay offs again very recently. Also keep in mind they too are owned by a VC group and are not interested in a bloated company with multiple sales forces etc... Look we know the VAC reps are not true wound care reps but our products are not that hard to learn so they could be rolled into their bag very easily as it compliments the VAC perfectly.

The only hope I ever had was to sell wound check just to have something different to talk about then dressings no one cares to talk about but now the above poster is right, its time to get out on your own terms before getting the boot. Also working for a VC is not what I had banked on. We have no equity so getting sold never would benefit us and we soon will learn that first hand. You have three players in wound care sold off by parent companies and owned by VC groups. KCI, Systagenix and Convatec. Its only a matter of time before S&N deals their wound division. Sorry to be negative but if these divisions were so profitable and had bright futures why the hell have three separate companies sold them off including one of the largest most strategic companies in the world JNJ? Get out and pump that resume up like you have sold to Hospitals, multiple levels or the hospital, surgeons, C-Level suite, Value analysis committees etc.... make it sound like you are connected at every level so you can sell a real device with a chance to make more than 90k. Good luck.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

All the KCI folks must be jacked! Of course some left but man did we have a lot of these people on board at some point!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Some of our best people came from KCI. Just saying

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Patti is the only good one in my book. Most others really didnt understand wound care. I mean the whole market. Many also seemed spoiled because they were at KCI during rampant growth and easy sales.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Are you kidding? Patti was the only good one? She was the biggest rat that deserted the ship! She was looking out for Patti and Patti alone. We deserve what we get for staying with this leadership. Putting lipstick on a pig and getting KCI to kiss it. Ernie and Kathy will be laughing all the way to the bank and the rest of us will be looking for work.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yeah right, Patti was the only good one? You have to be kidding! Patti only cared about Patti and now we are all left looking for work. Systagenix is Gone! KCI doesn't need any of us and will cut us before the ink dries on the paperwork. Can't blame them either. We deserve it for hanging around. Ernie and Kathy are laughing all the way to the bank and the RSM's are hoping for a little morsel till they find work.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Got Derma Sciences?

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Patti looked out for Patti is right and if you are smart you'll do the same for yourself. Who did you want her to look out for? You? Get a clue and wake up dumb ass!

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

A sad day for KCI. Can't believe we have to eat this turd sandwich now.