Kickback Trial

Discussion in 'Novartis' started by Michael Cohen's Ghost, Apr 2, 2019 at 3:46 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

That is the operative phrase--right audience. With dozens of reps doing weekly program you will either get the same (often not the top) physicians, or those semi-retired. The dinner program was passé 5 years ago

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Let's be real. This is the way to put some money in local Docs pockets.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This is correct you will get the supper club and nothing else. Dinner programs as the post suggests is just another waste of time.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

hahaha I love when reps call it the "Supper club" or "retired Dr.'s". If you took 100 reps at Novartis- 10 suck and should be fired because they are completely clueless, 80 pretty much just exist- they don't offer much, show up for some lunches, complain that no one comes to programs, some are really liked by the manager because they blindly listen. You can make a career in this group of 80 and unfortunately many do- many of our managers come from this group. It's not what you know it's how you communicate and take orders to get that promotion. Then you have 9 who are great reps. Great reps find a way to get it done, think for themselves and have some strategic plans on why they do something or why they won't do something., definitely push back on blatantly obvious initiatives. And then you have 1 rep who is a super rep. Thinks outside the box, has deep relationships outside of just his "call list" but with people that matter- understands referral patterns and real account selling.

If the "supper club" and "retired Dr.'s" are all that come to your programs you are unfortunately somewhere in the 90% of losers at this company and in this industry. Maybe try to expand your thinking. Stop making excuses and find a way to win. Trust me it isn't through your detail piece, productive questions, segmenting or *gasp* your lame attempts to "close" your "tier 1's". The bar is so unbelievably low in this industry- pray layoffs don't hit Novartis anytime soon.

We have rules about how many times someone can come to a program so unless you are noncompliant and only get the "super club" you shouldn't have to worry about it.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

To break down your analysis further, out of the 80 reps, 3 off them have businesses they are running outside of their day jobs and they are making more money than their salary. These might fall into the basket of reps doing enough to get by but these are the smart ones preparing for a life if and when the layoffs come. This is the "real" basket you should strive to be part.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The dinner program was passé long before 5 yrs ago.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Let us guess you are in the 9 or 1 club that totally gets it? You are not fooling anyone here, you have the same no see, embellished relationships as the 80 you call "sucky". And your dinner programs suck like the rest of everyone else. Not to mention your fabrication of daily calls and quality of them.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

haha yes but to her point 77 of the 80 are just existing and not offering much. Everyone should be preparing for when the pharma downsizing happens (again) cause its coming soon! But most don't

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You definitely are in the 10 that flat out suck or the 80 that just exist. Everyone fabricates calls at Novartis- they are in the stone age with reach and frequency metrics. Keep using that detail piece- I'm sure it will resonate with someone eventually....

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

My programs definitely don’t suck.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If reps are honest, the only time you get time with customers is if you do lunch. All other calls are falsification. Then you have the reps that do a lunch or not then go pick up the kids. People talk a big game in front of management are the worst do nothing offenders. Downsize already. #nosuchthingasagreatrepanymorewheneveryoneislying.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Sweet little fellow that says HIS dinners don't suck! I bet when he walks in with the inane smile, trying to flirt with the front desk and then asks for the lunch book-- he thinks he is cool. Believe me, we are the laughing stock of the whole industry--offices call each other to compare what they got to eat, often the doctors send their staff and don't come down. You see the doctor by having a professional relationship, a real unicorn in this industry of sycophants. You gain nothing by stuffing your fat face

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Reading this is sad...we really have some shit reps.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Read the title of this thread - Kickback Trial. We really have a shit company. What do you expect? The reps learn from the leadership!

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Speaker programs continue to exist because "leadership" is devoid of any actual leadership skills as well as strategic planning competencies.
    Fines allow them to mask their formidable shortcomings.
    There isn't an executive able to structure an ethical marketing division period.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Are you implying speaker programs aren't ethical? What isn't ethical about taking a group of customers to dinner and discussing your product? Its done literally in every other sales field. If anything as an industry we have put too many rules around it. "Pharma guidelines" stipulate you have to have a speaker and can't just bring a Dr. out to dinner. Whats wrong with having a paid spokesperson for your product- do you have instagram? Done all the time by every product.

The problem is reps say "no one will come out" and have excuse after excuse around dinners. Fact is they work at promoting your product. Most reps don't know how to conduct a good speaker program. Look at our cardio division- full of reps that are of "primary care" level- so of course they struggle. The few of us that know what is going on have no trouble. And sales are high.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You obviously live in another dimension. If you are really doing programs, you would know that we are constantly inviting, reminding and selling why they need to come; and most do not come; there’s always a reason why they couldn’t (some emergency ).
    The same small group keeps coming. Sometimes 3. Barely making it a compliant program.
    Maybe your area is different than most of ours, which I doubt. But if you’re really pounding the pavement, like most of us, and have tried a number of times to do a good program then you would know what I mean.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I've been doing this job for over 10 years. I've only 1x had 3 people show up. Its really not that hard. You can have pharmacist at your programs- make some pharmacy calls they always show up and want to learn about drugs. I'm in Cardio so I hit up my teaching institutions and get 3rd year residents to come- also Dr.'s.

Just the fact I have to spell out for you a few ways is pretty sad. Are your top targets coming out to programs regularly- of course not. And they shouldn't' be- but getting a Dr. to come out 1 or 2 times a year isn't hard. I could go on and on- but its clear from this thread and what I see from my peers we just have bad reps. I don't know if its 90% like the previous poster claims- but its definitely more than 50%.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Your wasting time and money being excited about your 3rd year students and pharmacists coming to your program. That’s the point. That is not a good return on investment. Talk about check the box. So yippee. You had a bunch of programs with no tier 1 or 2 docs. We all can and have done that to get programs done. However most of the smart ones realize why bother when doesn’t impact immediate sales. Hopefully your 3rd years move to my territory when done with school. Thank you very much.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

i agree we are in the electronic age.
    HCPs can watch thought leaders at their time and when they want on their iPad at home or in office.
    Waste of time to try to get people out with no ROI for business.