Killing CMF

Discussion in 'KLS Martin' started by Anonymous, May 21, 2015 at 12:24 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

As if CMF wasnt low volume enough, these a-holes are dropping their pants just to get biz. $15 neuro screws, talk about digging your own grave. Yes, you got the biz but now you have the same volume at major discounted prices...good luck hitting quota and keeping your job under that nazi regime.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

We continue to dominate over Stryker!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No one cares who dominates who when you are doing $300 crani's and $700 mandibles. Stryker is just as guilty as KLS. It will eventually just be those two companies in CMF. At those prices, you guys can have it. I got out just in time...thank god! KLS must be looking to get acquired, they are dropping prices all over the US to gain matket share. Again, have fun covering a $700 mandible at 2am every weekend!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Definitely looking to sell the co. but no takers. As the ortho industry consolidates there's no need to offer a cmf line because the niche is so small. At current pricing levels kls is losing money and will eventually have to close its doors. The big boys are suffocating the small players with leveraged contracts. All kls can do is discount their asses off but due their lack of scale or adjacent opportunities to grow they will gradually fade away.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

OP here...I have to disagree on some level. KLS will not 'fade away'. All plates & screws are the same, its the unique products that set you apart. KLS has SonicWeld, Stryker has Hybrid IMF (nice but expensive), OsteoMed has nothing, Zimmomet has IQ driver (although kls & synthes will too soon), Synthes is market leader but are losing reps by the minute. Synthes & Zimmomet CMF will be a side line for ortho/spine reps or Assoc to make a little extra money but no one dedicated to it. Someone will buy OsteoMed for their small bone ortho line and dispose of cmf. That leaves KLS & Stryker, who will only be the two real players. If you take away 3 of your 5 competitors, leaving you with only 1....their is still money to be made in CMF.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

interesting analysis but way off the mark. The big cos. are going to lock up the market with corporate agreements. Sonic Weld is a rounding error. DePuy Synthes, Stryker and Zimmer Biomet will hold on to their market share and gradually exterminate the small redundant stragglers like KLS. The rep piece is inconsequential and prices continue to crater. The reps see the writing on the wall and heading for the exits to beat the stampede out the door.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That very well could happen, I have not seen it yet. So far, Stryker & KLS are leading the market. I could see the big boys throwing deeply discounted CMF products into portfolio contracts. KLS is doing a great job of creating a niche in the pediatric craniofacial market. Stryker has nothing new but somehow find a way to stay in the game, possibly with name power or help from NSE reps with relationships. Regardless, its a dwindling market. It was a fun job, now it just flat-out sucks. Time to move on!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Stryker and Synthes will dominate in the end when their Ortho divisions take cmf over. Synthes is already handing over portions of cmf territories to orthopedic reps. KlLS won't be able to compete on the long term when contract negotiations on the Hospital level bundle and set discounts for high market shares. KLS has gained momentum now but it won't last

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

sonic weld will not carry you through on big contracts. even in metro territories,these cases are simply not bread and butter. hate to say it, but it will be synthes and stryker in the end when nobody purchases kls. it has been discussed in the past, but kls is actually not looking to sell.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

you dont need to cover mandibles in this job... and if you are, you are wasting your own time. If a surgeon cant put on a fracture without the rep... wow.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

its not that the surgeon can't do it without you there, its about providing customer service, assisting scrub techs/staff, getting rapport building face time with the surgeon, and being part of their team so that they can count on you when they actually do need you.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

trust me, ive been doing this for years- they never really need you. if a tech cant figure out how to load a screw or put on a drill bit that is not a reflection of me. i build my relationships, just not by wasting my time in 800 dollar cases.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Trust ME, it is a reflection of you! In that situation, if a scrub is new or filling in from a different specialty the surgeon will greatly appreciate you being there to help the scrub to keep things moving. Yes, their are some good, experienced scrubs who know what they are doing but helping out the ones who dont, docs appreciate it. But what do I know, i havent been doing it for 'years' like you, the grand puba of cmf.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

well, once you get a few years under your belt you will figure it out. silly kls rep, trix are for kids!

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This seems on spot to me. Synthes and Stryker have deeper pockets and will pull ahead of KLS unless KLS finds a buyer who can compete. The CMF market is changing fast and KLS is too much of a niche CMF company to sustain itself.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

At this point is a race for contracts. KLS has done a great job at lowering prices, and paying departments/surgeons to use their product. With the exception or Sonic Weld, they have no products that differentiate themselves from he competition. They lower their prices to kill the market. Bottom line, if they don't sell within the next 3-5 years, they won't be able to exist with DepuySynthes, Stryker, or Zimmer-Biomet. All are great companies, but the CMF speciality will drop and CMF will be covered by ortho and spine. It's unfortunate, but much more efficient once the small players like KLS and Osteomed are eliminated. All contract drive with rock bottom prices.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Problem is, once KLS (or any company for that matter) kills the market with low prices; everyone is f*@ked because those $20 Neuro screw prices are not coming up anytime soon. Yes, you may have the business but at a very deep discount. You can have it at those prices, I would rather find another job than cover $900 mandibles and $400 crani's. As the previous poster mentioned, CMF reps will eventually be gone and those cases will be covered by Ortho trauma reps/associates or some type of Neuro reps who also sales drills, shunts, navigation, etc...

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

While this seems true, it is also true that the average orthopedic rep sees CMF cases as inferior ways to spend their time. If they agree to cover a mandible case and a trauma code comes up, you can be sure that the ortho rep is going to run to that hospital and leave the mandible case unattended.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

That's what ASR's are for. Their is still money to be made in CMF, just not enough to have a dedicated sales force.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

No one will buy KLS. In case you haven't noticed, German companies are rarely targeted for takeover. They produce nice quality but are productivity laggards and always will be. It's a cultural thing. The goal of the game is to grow profits and that ain't happening here. Besides, KLS portfolio is tired. Final grade: D