Kimberly-Calrk Healthcare, Medical Supplies

Discussion in 'Kimberly-Clark' started by Anonymous, Mar 11, 2010 at 2:14 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Iphone Impala $60,000-$70,000
    sorry for the short reply. Time for bed here! Good luck to you! This is a great place!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

night night don't let the bed bugs bight!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just accepted an offer for DH position--extremely organized company with agenda for new hire training, car is on its way to me already, phone and laptop are here.

Compared to what I came from, a breath of fresh air!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What type of position did you come from?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Congratulations my friend! I've been here for 5 years and can tell you that after all this time I still love this company and my job. Management is solid.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That is great to hear from a Sales Rep. How is the QOL and Management style? I've worked at a few other large co's and the micromanagement was smothering.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Performance Management is very specific and measureable. The manager's all want the reps to do well and are available for whatever we need. I'm not saying that we do not have ANY issues at KC....but GENERALLY it's a great place and would NEVER trade it for another company...not even for more money.

As far as quality of life. It has never been better. I work a normal day. Sometimes I get home a little early, sometimes I leave a little late and other times I get home a little late. but generally work a normal day. Occasionally have to take some on-line courses or be in a procedure in the AM...but that is very rare. I have friends in other device companies and I hear it's a nightmare. I have pther ffriends in pharma and they tell me that access is near impossible now.
    The doctors like talking to us. We are more of a consultative sell. I don't know what other companies have to offer but I can truely sayy that I LOVE being here every day and count my blessings.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Re: Kimberly-Clark Healthcare, Medical Supplies

Are there sales reps for the Mic-Key button? I have done pharmaceutical sales for three years (and B2B for almost two years) and I have a lot of interest in selling this for personal reasons. I don't have medical device sales so it may be a long shot.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Mic-Key is in Digestive Health division.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thank you (above response). I applied (crossing my fingers) but the job was posted for Houston several weeks ago so they may have someone already in mind by now. I appreciate you responding.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you have any other questions....fire away. I'd be more than happy to help. It is possible to get a job here if you were in Pharma. A lot of device companies frown on that and wont even hire a pharm rep. As far as I know I think KC actually have hired several.
    Good luck to you and just sit tight!

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks Carlos!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am trying to gather info on the medical supply division and understand a day in the life. With respect to contracts, is it your responsibility to negotiate and sign long term contracts with the hospital on masks, drapes, etc.? That would seem critical because if you are not on contract, there is not much to talk about with nurses, docs, etc.??

Second, what is the hardest part or the make it or break it part of this job??

I am very enticed by the position because I love analytics and number crunching and have always loved sales and people woo-ing.

THANKS for the help!

(It was refreshing to see that people were honest on the Kimberly Clark board and not a bunch of abusers!!!)

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How do you get into medical supplies? gowns masks etc. It seems like a job that everyone probobly wants because it really doesnt sound that hard. I could be wrong, I dont work in the industry, but this sounds like an awesome job? How to you get in? Ive applied online etc.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You must be the same asshole that created that other post. Tell ya what..why don't you go find one of these reps and ask "how easy" it is. Chances are you will catch a beating!
    Go find another job. We are not looking for people that are looking for "EASY" things to do.

16. PA User

PA User Guest

Hello All,

I am interviewing with the Regional Manager on Dec 21. I have a good B2B background. Any helpful hints on the interview process, or strategies? Thanks.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Carlos from New York?

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

since you will be paid on growrh, ask the manager what growth opportunities are in the territory. . there are still parts of the country where there is potential to sell gloves. We still make the best nitrile gloves in the market. It doesn't hurt to tell him you played varsity sports in college either.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

60-70?????? I was hired at $78k and making $83k now.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

and you think that is good??