Kowa Continues to Pay None Performers??

Discussion in 'Kowa Pharmaceuticals' started by Anonymous, Apr 23, 2012 at 11:49 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Kowa recently came out with an "All Time High" Contest that pays reps each time they hit an all time high TRx for Livalo or Lipofen. The problem with this contest and many of the other Kowa contest or even IC program is that the reps who have been performing all along are at a disadvantage.

For this contest, if your current All Time High TRx for Livalo is 100 you have to get 101 to be in the money. For another rep who's All Time High is 15 they just have to get 16 scripts to be in the money (be serious, who's making more money for the company?). Additionally, an area with more potential or has better tracking of their data will always be more likely to win these contest.

Until Kowa figures out how to reward Performers they will continue to have turn over. There has to be a market share consideration, Livalo and Lipofen have been around long enough to know how it compares to the other branded products in each territory.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

OP....here, OK, I meant to write Non-Performers, it is late and I'm tired, so for you idiots out there who like to hit spell check rather that talk about a topic, keep you stupid comments to yourself.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I don't know about the contest but the IC program sucks!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

As long as we have the WK Data no contest, IC, or performance review will be correct or fair.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Look at what you made for the 1st 2 months of this year and compare it to the compensation plan we did have for the end of 2011, Kowa is telling us we will make more money with the new plan, can anyone honestly say they made more money with the new plan---I know I didn't!!! Kowa has great reps but will continue to lose them if they don't restructure comp plans and base salaries which are both below industry standards.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well Said!!! and very true!!!! problem is, they obviously do not care because they certainly know this to be true by now! Look at the turnover!!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I've started looking for another job because of our compensation or lack of compensation; however, some interviewers have said they have no idea who or what Kowa is and they also consider pharmaceuticals sales as "soft sales". Tighten up your resume.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Kowa Management.....it is cheaper to pay your people than it is to keep training new people.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Does anybody know the turnover rate for the salesforce in 2011- curious?

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

To Opinion Poster; Spot on.

The method of compensation utilized by Kowa presently is flawed and this is sadly just now being realized by reps who have been performing all along.

Why doesn't Kowa employ a 'think tank' of sorts and get ideas and opinions from long time reps or industry thought leaders? Better to roll with this plan sooner than later too.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You have some valid points, but I disagree with some of them. I agree the turnover is incredibly high and something should be done regarding that. I also agree that the IC plan needs to be tweaked. It really is not fair if you are stuck in a low volume territory: even if you grow the business at a reasonable rate, you are not going to make any money.
    It doesn't appear to be anything that needs to be drastically changed, though. Just increase the amounts a little for the lower volume. If you grow your low volume territory 5 or 10% a month, you should be able to buy more than a Happy Meal, literally. Just sayin'....
    That said, I think the concept and most of the grid is fair. You are rewarded for high growth and you are really rewarded for high volume and high growth. If you've grown your territory to the point of getting 100 trx in a week, ATH or otherwise--you'll be compensated for it.
    I don't think it's realistic to be awarded AGAIN in a weekly contest for something you've already achieved. In fact, you may have already been rewarded for a previous contest, as well as monthly bonuses....How many times should you be rewarded for something you've done months or years ago? This is sales. We are in a "what have you done for me lately" business and we have to always get more.
    The current ATH contest is fair: everyone can win every week because you are competing against your own ATH. If you can't beat your own ATH in a quarter, then you shouldn't win. Period.
    The example you listed about the 15 and 100 ATH doesn't have merit, in my opinion, and here is why. For one: anyone getting that low an ATH is not making JACK for bonus and it's not they can get something in terms of a contest prize. If you don't believe me: look at the grid for that low a volume....
    For you getting at or around 100 TRX in a week--cry me a river. You're getting a decent monthly bonus, you've probably already been rewarded for your 100 ATH and suck it up! It's a hell of a lot easier to get more TRX from someone already writing than to get NRX from someone who's never written.
    And once again: it's sales. You have to keep increasing and can't rest on your laurels from something you've done 6 months or a year ago.
    And regarding the data: that's not an issue, anymore with W.K. It's a heck of a lot more accurate than IMS ever was.
    EVERYONE can beat their own ATH every week. You need to quit making excuses and go sell something.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wow, its great to see home office people posting again, but please keep your post to yourself because you are way off. A person putting up 100 trx a week is a great accomplishment seeing as though we have poor managed care, a product that is good but completely a me-too, and now with the $25 cash pay option gone going to be hard to sell. 100 trx a week will get you in to the 2nd slot on the grid but will make you @.50C a trx, now I am no math magician but 400 times .50c is about $200, so previous poster how can you think in your feeble mind that the grid is fair and Kowa is paying good money to their reps.
    This is the problem with this company, previous poster you will do great in management with Kowa if you aren't already there. There is NO way to make a good monthly bonus check with this company when your current month's data is being compared to a rolling 3 month average, you could be growing your business month/over/month and still only get a $300-$400 comission check, if that is what you like then you are with the right company!!!!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Performers, you heard the man, SUCK IT UP!!

Suck it up and be glad Brad doesn't decide to withhold 60% again.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What is a NONE performer?

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you would have bothered to read the whole post, it was stated that something has to be done about the turnover and that the grid needs to be tweaked. Now who has the "feeble mind"??

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I realize that most comments on here are going to be negative and from disgruntled employees and former employees. If someone is happy with their bonuses, they aren't likely to post on here or if they do--they are immediately branded as being in management, Home Office, A Loser, etc...
    That said, I am curious as to how the new IC plan compares as a whole to the old one. I've heard postive and negative. It seems to be extreme: people are either REALLY happy or REALLY pissed about it.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"Kowa has great reps but will continue to lose them if they don't restructure comp plans..."

Kowa has about 10 great reps 50 good reps and the rest should just go away.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It goes without saying we live in a generic world in terms of Manged Care. That said:
    10 Great Reps=decent Managed Care Access all things considered, but still challenging.
    50 Good Reps=Very challenging Managed Care Access
    "The rest that should just go away"=You're not going to win any trips, no matter how "great" or hard working you are because of difficult Managed Care.
    It would be interesting to see how a "Superstar" rep would perform if they were suddenly taken out of their Cake Territory and put in a territory that has NEVER performed well.
    I'm pretty sure it's more the territory itself than the actual rep's performance.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So true!

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sincerely,

New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Texas :)