Kowa, your IC plan is a joke!

Discussion in 'Kowa Pharmaceuticals' started by Anonymous, May 14, 2012 at 6:41 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I wish I could laugh. Seriously, this is the worst! You will lose performers, guaranteed! I have not talked to one person in my district today that was happy with their bonus. Not one. Every person had + growth 6-9% and they all got paid $1 a script for Livalo. Pitiful. These sales reps were all high performing reps and they were ALL pissed off. You can have a great month but still get paid less than you would have last year, then have a month with little growth and make peanuts for bonus that month. It is not worth it!!! This is truly embarrassing! Come June with the new co-pay card changes, we will have no growth. This totally sucks!!!

You can't tell me that you can't pay more than that. COME ON!!!!!!!!!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sadly, this is true. We have people on the leader board making a dollar per rx. As long as your growth stays under 10%, you are screwed. Who designed this horrible plan and why are they messing with the sales force like this?

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They keep feeding you all fairy tales of big commission, but be honest your company sucks! Kowa will never pay big commissions, only big dreams!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They are going to change it, aren't they????

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yep, they changed it! They changed it so that when the entire industry takes a natural dip in the summer months so that our commissions plummet as well. If you have a negative month (...and we are at the hands of wk), you commissions are heavily reduced or slashed altogether.

They'll surely change the plan in late august as they anticipate for the natural growth that comes out of summers end that way they wont have to pay us for 30, 40, 50% growth.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

ABSOLUTELY! MY PAYOUT IS SMALLER THIA MONTH THAN IT WOULD HAVE BEEN WITH THE PREVIOUS GRID STRUCTURE. I GREW BOTH PRODUCTS NONETHELESS. BAH HUMBUG. FAILED AGAIN.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well...The original $4/$8 I.C. plan was the fairest one, by far. Why did they change it, again?
    It's not realistic to expect significant growth every month when you:1) Lose a major PBM--nice job Account Managers. Keep up the good work!
    2)Have the best selling drug of all time go generic, launch a $4 copay card and heavily rebating to keep Managed Care Access better than Pitava
    3) The generic version(s) of the best selling drug of all time providing yet another drug the patient must take first or at least a much less expensive, much better known and proven option.
    I guess they must not mind the high turnover. It is sad, because they are great products.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just to add on to that wait untill the people who were getting Livalo for a $25 cash pay are now going to pay $75-$85, numbers will take a dip by the end of this year and Kowa will be wondering what happened. Get ready for another Brady Hardy conference call.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Prett quiet board. Everyone is happy with the new I.C. Plan I take it?

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Maybe the bonuses have been so low that no one can afford high speed internet anymore.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hahaha

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

so true... bonuses have SUCKED. plus by the time you change up your selling approach to take advantage of the IC plan, they CHANGE IT ON YOU.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It is pretty pathetic. The dangling carrot of "uncapped bonuses" gets pretty stale when the average bonus is $500. I'm pretty sure everyone would be happier (and stay longer!) if the payouts were more balanced. Eliminate the $5 and $6K payouts, eliminate the zero or $200 payouts and pay more like a normal Pharma company. It's bad enough the base salary blows!

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hey, Brad! You wanna take 40% of $50?

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Don't understand what everyone is complaining about! $60K plus another $6K bonus (yearly) and a company car. That's great money: in 1992.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The IC plan is an absolute joke....turnover is unreal... yet I am supposed to be pushing to help them hit 200 million this year...and they can't even cough up a bonus. Hell...throw in a little more vacation or PTO even.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just received my bonus payout for June. This is the smallest bonus payout ever received. In all my years in pharma, I have never come close to making zero in bonus and I actually work very hard every day. This is insane. I 'll make far less this year than in my previous 8 years and some of those were prior to pharma. This company is a joke and so is the bonus plan. Why even try to work?

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I couldn't agree more. You work your behind off every day, the company has a small sales force and is on pace to make a good run at 200 million and you pay your reps a couple hundred dollars a month in bonus? Disgusting.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

heard you just lost a great DM in the North East.