Kowa, your IC plan is a joke!

Discussion in 'Kowa Pharmaceuticals' started by Anonymous, May 14, 2012 at 6:41 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

who?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

oh, Danny boy, we gonna miss ya....

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I agree with one of the above posters. If the company can't afford to compensate us more financially, I think that giving everyone an extra week of vacation (as many other pharma companies have, along with much higher pay!) would go a long way toward retaining reps.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

an extra week vacation would not have been enough to keep me, thats for sure.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I agree!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Has ANYONE ever tried to calculate the cost of turnover vs just coughing up some more cash for your current reps?? The cost to hire someone, bring them on train them, go without a rep in territory, the time it takes for them to establish anything...and whalla...they get a 2 dollar bonus. THEY REALLY NEED TO DO A COST ANALYSIS ON THIS! What is the percentage rate of turnover at Kowa? It's not smart business they way they are doing this....anyone can figure that out. Why can't they see it??

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They don't see it because they don't want to. They fell into a time when there are more than enough unemployed reps who are just looking for a place to land to pay the bills and keep their families fed. So when one, or twenty, people quit for better opportunities, they have it in their heads that they can easily go out and find someone else. And then to add insult to injury about 2 years ago they decided to primarily look at people with pharma experience of <2years because they can pay them less. It was not the worst place to work, but the 'growing pains' just got to be a bit much. Not the place to go if you're looking for a 'career' job, but where in pharmaceuticals is these days?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What happened to Danny?

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There is more to a job than just making money. Sure, in sales, you want to hit bonus and drive market and get rewarded.

At Kowa, you are treated like a professional. Sure, the bonus is not great right now. But, you have a job that is not that tough (once you have experience in the game), and is fun.

Work is about more than money. It is about having something to do everyday, challenging yourself, meeting people, too.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I suppose if you're independently wealthy, than the money is not that important.
    But if you have reps with 10 plus years experience that W2 (base plus bonuses) at 70K, there is something wrong with the I.C. Plan. If you can earn $0 or $50 for a monthly bonus or grow both products 10-20% in one month and still only get a $300 bonus....than I'm pretty sure the I.C. plan is a joke!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Agreed. An extra week would help a lot. It's a pretty simple equation: Low pay plus 10 days vacation=high turnover

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes, you are right! Going to pharmacies, begging them not to switch to a generic that will earn them a bonus and stay with Lipofen that has the worst coupon in the world for the customer is a blast!!!!!!! Pinch me......I finally have my dream job!!!! Whatever!!!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hey fuckstick...please explain to me how we are being treated like a professional when the whole sales force is getting jerked around?

EXPLAIN IT NOW, MOTHERFUCKER!

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Big dreams and big POA's its the kowabunga way! Yours trully, BRAD HARDY and TEam!

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

man I just want to meet Ho's and stack chips player, but its not happining at Kowa ACE! this company is never right you asshole.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I don't know what everyone is complaining about. 75 cents or a dollar a script is very generous.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

My last two bonuses were less than 100 dollars. Why bother?

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

wow.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I worked for Kowa two years ago. At that time, good ole Brad "tanning booth" Hardy held a conference call three days before the December payout to inform us that since the company failed to hit their goals, we were all getting 60% LESS on our expected bonus payout two weeks before Christmas. Yup. That's right, people. Look, take the job for what it is. A job that pays more than unemployment, free car, free gas, and affords you the ability to look for another job. People like Brad Hardy and the redneck CEO will eventually get what is coming to them. You can't treat people like that and not expect word to get around. Once Kowa gets hit by the tsumani (come on, it's funny), those people will know what desperation feels like.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Left Kowa for a $80K base job plus bonus. Kowa is a 3rd tier level Pharma Company with crap pay, benefits, management, and support. Get out while you can.