KREG Therapeutics

Discussion in 'Wound Healing' started by Anonymous, Mar 12, 2010 at 9:07 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wondering if anyone can give me info on Kreg. They are starting to call on some of my nursing homes. Any info??

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

check the web einstein....

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Has anyone had a telephone interview with this company that they are willing to admit to??? What was the process after that??

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I use to work for them. It's a Great starting point into the medical industry. Kreg has great products truly some of the best but you will be going up against some really cheap crap. In some cases a 4th of the price. It's all about a relationship sale. The Big Boss Man is great. I really liked C-P the President; while I was there he was a blast to work for (with a few exceptions). Although I referred my replacement to him and apparently he was not as good to work for while she was there. But like my first sentence said, it's a great place to get started. I moved on to bigger and better opportunities and so did my replacement. However neither of us would have been able to if we didn't get a start in the industry. My advise if your a Copier Sales Rep, which there is a good chance you are if you have talked to josh or Craig then take it. It will open up other Device jobs and even Capital Equipment that you can't get to without the Medical Experience. Or you may just find that you LOVE it. I have to admit, although I now make twice the money, I had a hell of a lot more fun with KREG. GOOD Luck. And when you finally interview with Craig you better freaking Close him or you won't get the job.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I had one phone interview with Kreg and the HR guy was the biggest idiot I've encountered. Kept asking me the same question over and over again in different ways. My favorite: "Where do you get your drive from?" Is this another way of asking "Are you an athlete? Cause, uh, we want to follow the Styker model and only hire meathead athletes."

I guess my overconfidence turned him off. Newsflash....I was born driven!

I'm getting so sick of HR interviews! Then, Josh, the HR schmuck, couldn't answer ANY of my questions.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Have you looked into Global Medical Products? They have the same products as Kreg, but at a much lower price. We have had great service and have been using them for over a year now. The rental line is 800-409-6158. Great Company.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Oh...to add to this... I was hired by Hill-Rom. An actual reputable bed company! The owner of Kreg makes poor copies of Hill-Rom products in his garage. Sorry Josh, looks like you missed out on a great rep...I wonder if Josh still has his job?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I had a similar experience with Kreg. I worked there for a few months, and had no success. Their prices were way to high, and every time I asked for help, I would get a phone call back 3 days later from the owner asking about some account I never heard of, and he would say, ok, goodbye. He should just sell the company to a competitor and retire at 45. He built it, but no one has a clue how to run it. Prior to working for them, I worked for a Fortune 500 company as a Regional Manager, and Kreg promised the world. The training program was a joke, I mean you are paying low salaries, and expecting miracles, give me brake. Not to mention, they give different sales people different deals. My first day working, I found out that some sales people have gas cards to fill up their cars, while others get a lousy $500 a month gas/car allowance. I left, I found a job were they have a clue how to run a company. Its not worth taking the job, it really isn't. Just my two cents.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm new to the bed business and work for a competitor. It's interesting hearing former reps talk about Kreg's pricing being high, as I've been under the impression they were dirt cheap. Out of curiosity, what are the average prices on beds and surfaces? The obviously theyy are doing something right with as much non-GPO business as Kreg has in my neck of the woods.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I don't know all the individual product prices, no one would return my calls from Kreg. I started working for a facility as an Administrator, and after no call backs, I told them to come and pick up every bed they had in our building. Then all of a sudden it was a National Emergency. There products are not worth the hassle. I had some Stage IV's that had 20 year old controls. Beds with Black Duck Tape on them, not worth it. Go with Hill-Rom, professional management, new equipment, and fair prices. I understand that things happen, but Kreg seems to go through reps every 6 months. Price aside, I have enough issues running my building, I don't need issues getting a bed.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Where is your neck of the woods?

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

In general, there is a lot of confusion in the above postings. Kreg's pricing is considered higher than the competition's pricing because the Kreg products are BETTER products. You wouldn't sell a Mercedes Benz at a dirt cheap price if it performs 100% better than a Ford or Chevy! There are always customers who have bad experiences with cheap mattresses and will want to have no-hassle mattresses that actually heal wounds - they will prefer Kreg's product line. Some things you can't go cheap on or else you'll get burned. Kreg's products work.

Kreg is a reputable company. They don't make their products "in a garage"! Their flagship product, the Composure Mattress, is one of the most stable products I have ever seen in the medical industry. It almost never breaks down and patients stay on it for weeks, months, and even years without needing repair or upgrading to a better product. It heals really well with the Roho technology. The materials are not cheap and it shows.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have to agree with 12:30 that their products really are better. It's pretty obvious because my patients stop writhing in pain after getting on a kreg bed.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

By any chance what is the starting salary at KREG

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Kreg is a glorified distributor; the company isn't a Benz, more like a Hyundia. I'll give them props for marketing early on, but I doubt they will be a recognized name in acute care facilities in 5-10 years--at least his home town. The market up is changing and Craig and his $35k starter reps will get squeezed out, if not goobled up as the market consolidates.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Have you seen the EZ Wider? that's the stiffest competition against bariatrics in my company

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The EZ-Wider is a Total Care knock-off... At the price-point he's selling it @ a facility may a well invest in the real thing

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How is the Total Care better? The E-Z Wider does not only more things, but provides better outcomes.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How is the Total Care better than this?

EZ-Wider Bariatric Chair Bed

Exclusive

Revolutionary function and design dramatically reduces the physical challenges for the patient, nurse, and therapist.
    Caring for the Bariatric Patient has Never Been Easier
    Unmatched patient mobility; allows for greater patient independence
    Improved nurse efficiency and safety; reduced injury caused by bending
    Fewer physical transfers; E-Z Wider is a bed, chair, and gurney all-in-one

Unmatched patient mobility

The E-Z Wider™ Chair Bed transforms into a chair for easy patient egress with the lowest seat height of any chair bed currently on the market. Powered foot rails automatically assist the patient into an upright posture. This allows for greater patient independence and fewer nurse injuries.
    Improved nurse efficiency and safety

Fully integrated bed widening technology quickly—in one step—easily widens the bed and mattress and also fully retracts to allow the nurse to get closer to the patient. This results in improved nurse efficiency and reduced injury caused from bending
    Fewer physical patient transfers

The E-Z Wider™ Chair Bed reduces the need to physically transfer the patient because it functions as an Acute Care Bed, Bariatric Bed, and chair — all in one product.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Any idea what the base is now for account managers? Was thinking about getting in touch with this company. I thought they paid around 65 or so base for am.