Krunk Crush

Discussion in 'Amgen IT' started by Krunk Crush, Aug 9, 2008 at 11:47 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Krunk Crush

Krunk Crush Guest

You might be a former Amgen Network Engineer if:

Your idea of documentation is a blank piece of paper
    You like to call into conf calls just to play circus music
    You leave Amgen to work for a company that is going to be taken over by the FDIC
    You are RFC 1925 compliant and your upper mgmt wasn't
    You start a fight with your wife just to see the look on her face
    You actually have critical thinking skills and realized you were under compensated

You might be a current Amgen Network Engineer if:
    You believe what upper management is selling on the street corner or at least pretend to
    You like working long hours for little job satisfaction
    You really enjoy making upper management look foolish in meetings (AKA the “entertainment factor”)
    You love Amgen campus scenery
    You bleed Amgen blue and want to improve the lives of Amgen’s patients
    You are waiting for a *&^%$)(*& bonus

I miss all my nabbys.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You might really be an Amgen Network Engineer if...

- You got out of Amgen before being outsourced
    - Got a 20% ++++ increase in pay by leaving
    - Didn't accept the 20% retention bonus Amgen offered you to stay
    - Helped other good people get out

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You forgot the one about: If you attempted to kill someone with a screw driver.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Shank, shank!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

or if you are a person that was almost killed by a screw driver and decided to leave and come back.

what's up with that.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

We had a good cohesive group of engineers with a lot of talent. Unfortunately that all changed once the new management structure came. We currently have a manager that doesn't know networking 101 and is completely disconnected from his subordinates. It is 180 degrees from where we were a year and half ago. We had a manager who worked closely with team, was solution oriented, and would take a bullet for his staff members. TS fired him because he knew he could never fill his shoes. We also continued to strive for collaboration and cohesiveness between sites, but that has also collapsed. This cohesiveness was achieved by individuals who went the extra mile to work with their counterparts in other locations because it was the right thing to do. This was not something ATO's management strove for. ATO's management just wants to control all the sites, but fails to reach out and put their money where their mouth is. Therefore, a highly standardized network infrastructure will soon no longer be. And you can't blame the regional sites for doing their own thing because they are closest to their BU's and business must continue.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That's an awesome post! I bow down to my sen se.

Hey, maybe you can answer a couple of questions for me. Is a silent RIP a fart? Also, what's a BPDU? Queue the circus music! Tetetedeledeltetetudu. Miss ya, man!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

At my last job.... Hehe!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What the hell, is this some type of prison people shanking each other.