La-La-Layoff

Discussion in 'Shionogi' started by Anonymous, Jun 6, 2012 at 9:16 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Long time coming for Jay and Tim, jerks who have lasted way to long. What dms? Any reps let go?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Glad to know both of them finally got the ax. I wonder if they had an idea this was going to happen.

I remember when TH was hired. He was such a great guy; when he became a DM, he was OK at first, and then all of a sudden, he switched to Darth Vader. Total asshole. I would have to take nerve pills for DAYS before a ride along with him.

Steve was/is a kiss-ass who should have been let go when his girlfriend was given the boot.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just wondering what is going on? I was talking to a recruiter about interviewing for the Greenville, NC Shionogi 3 position. Any insight?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Any insight on what is going on with Shionogi 3? Supposed to interview for the Greenville, NC position this week. Things on here sound pretty bad.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am also supposed to interview this week. I look at the durgs and most of them, such as fexmid, are generic shit. Hydrocodone, once a day Naprosyn, Tramadol, etc.
    Does anyone know what drugs this "Shinongi 3" deal will be promoting?
    Everything I read on here is so negative, and when I look at the meds, it is a bad deal to get into this contract.

If any one has some fair balance "positive" input, please reply.

Thanks

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have had a good experience with Ventiv and heard the DM for my territory is excellent

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you can get on another contract wait. The drugs are dogs. Company has no loyalty to employees.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That's bs!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

in NJ office and can confirm that there will be another big reduction in salesforce headcount in August.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Are we correct to assume that all of the SH2 sales force and DM's will be let go????

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Read the writing on the wall yourself.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Any idea when in August? Some of us have families to worry about. Thanks.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ask your dm. He / she should be telling you soon.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

For those of you who weren't here in 2010, they let go of an entire division on a conference call. I believe there were about 300 people let go then. I wouldn't put it past them to do it that way again.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If it's not August it'll be September or October or January or next March. Don't put too much in to posts on here. Keep your eyez open for a better job and if you find one take it. If not, keep making money here....for what it's worth.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There's uncertainty across the industry right now. This company is no different than any other right now. Go read Shire's latest posts. Just hang on as long as you can.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

are you kidding? There is A LOT more uncertainty here. look at how many times this company has "re-structured" in the last few years. look hard for another job now, don't be caught off guard.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are both right. It certain that uncertainty in this uncertain marketplace exists with this certainly uncertain company.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

At least they hired an entire new management team to get things back on track. This company is growing and growing is the time to be with these companies.

Trust me, the grass is not greener on the other side. Keep in mind, pharmaceutical companies are receiving 100 plus resumes for each position, you will most likely NOT secure another job in a different industry and a franchise business is a 50k - 75k deal with a ton of risk.

Unless you have a huge inheritance coming your way, I'd perform and enjoy the job.

Roll Tide

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

by time the new management team gets up to speed it will be too late. It takes a long time to try to figure out how to sell products with the worst possible insurance coverage and an OLD OLD OLD medication for pain. Projections will again be missed and the pediatric products will be sold and that all equals downsizing. The US division of Shionogi's days are numbered. trust me

most of you are significantly underpaid so finding a new job will not be that difficult. there are plenty of pharma sales jobs right now. don't listen to your leader's thoughts above. he needs you to continue to be a slave