Lab layoffs

Discussion in 'Aegis Sciences Corporation' started by anonymous, Jan 31, 2019 at 3:17 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It seems the company is purposely being hush hush on recent lab layoffs. Have you all heard anything about this?

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

at the rate people having been quitting over the last two weeks not sure they need a lay off. Are you sure you’re not confusing this with the people who have just quit?

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I work in the lab and recently found this site and there have absolutely been layoffs in the lab as well as other departments. Since you’re not aware of the layoffs that kinda confirms the answer to my question!

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I used to work in the lab. I left after only 4 months when I found a better job. During the time I was there 4 people in my cell quit within a month. All weren’t even past their 90 days before they quit.
    They all must of knew something was off about the company. They were hiring like crazy the middle of last year just to turn around and lay some of the recent hires off who didn’t leave on their own accord.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You company owners are trying to sell desperately, even at a discount. They can not find any takers right now. Once the price hits 50% of revenue. Quest or Labcorp will step in and purchase you. Pain Management TOx is dead and your company is a sinking ship. Get out now!

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Pain management tox is definitely dead and it’s 99% of Aegis’ revenue. Aegis is trying to diversify with gimmicks to sell but are all highly unsuccessful. Quest or LabCorp should just wait until they fold and then pick up their business.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If pain management tox is dead, why the hell are they cutting other sources of revenue like workplace?

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

There has never been money in workplace testing. That’s why Aegis elimined the workplace sales team years ago and stopped accepting new clients. Pain testing kept workplace afloat for years. Pain tox could not continue to carry workplace because its over too. It was a great run but it’s over. Quest or LabCorp will buy when the price hits less than 50% of revenue. I would be thinking about your next move.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

People still work here?
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Aegis will not need to layoff more team members. They are resigning/quitting every week. From VP level, highly trained middle level, people with less than three months. Seven team members this week in Nashville. That does not include sales department. They can not hire replacements fast enough. Maybe Abry Partners want's to cut costs, but their value of the company will only go down. They will never be able to sell with the debt they have saddled this company with after purchase. According to bloomberg around $350 million.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I somehow kind of doubt that. Rumor is now they will be dropping sports testing and that will definitely come with more layoffs. Although it is true that people are dropping like flies. This company is a shell of what it once was and they make changes by laying off or demoting half their staff.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

who at the VP level has left?
    Who in senior leadership has left?

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

VP of quality and director of marketing both out and several quality team members.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I’ve heard they decided to outsource their billing and could be laying off billing staff. The company they chose to go with is going to run them in the ground.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

That’s already happened, 20 something people in finance laid off late 2018. They’re looking now to outsource their records department and facilities. More layoffs coming for sure.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The Atox acquisition has proven to be toxic for Aegis but what did you expect when you put their management in place...

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Outsourced. Don’t see layoffs as problem can’t keep a full shift as it is

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Tell that to the people who got laid off, ya POS

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Applogies. Was just stating that at this point, we can't keep a full lab shift staffed. Not ok with the layoffs. It's all such b.s. that people were let go and now were short staffed. What is to become of this place.