Lab/Qc Job's at MDL

Discussion in 'Medical Diagnostic Laboratories (MDL)' started by Anonymous, Feb 10, 2012 at 8:47 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hello, I was wondering if some one could tell me why MDL has Lab technician & QC technician Job fairs 2X a year and have so many jobs available?

Is this a high turnover company?

Is this a good company to work for?

Thanks

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Very High Turnover, Very Low Pay, Employees are not valued, just a number. Stay Away!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I came across this website because I was searching for lawsuits on MDL. It looks like this is a forum for sales reps but I'll put in my insight anyway. The lab techs and QC emloyees leave because they are not treated well and know how shady this company is. The R&D department does have top notch employees who validate the testing but all testing should only be performed on a small scale. The bulk of the PCRs are run using robotics that really are not maintained properly. The robots are "overworked." I know there has to be a ton of false negatives because sometimes the pipette on the robot does not even pick up sample!! These technicians all have biology degrees and are making poor poor money living where there is a high cost of living. This is an unprofessional place to work. I've read on this site where people are praising Dr. M. Hahah he has no care for any of his employees. Everyone is replaceable. Techs do not get fired but leave on their own. It is a great stepping stone but that is it. I recently left the company and I honestly do not think it will be around much longer.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why do you think the company will not be around much longer? Please report all the QC violations! Law suits waiting to happen!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I worked in the laboratory quite a few years ago. Low pay, hard work, little respect. Lab turnover was always very high due to the pay; this was also true in R&D. I haven't heard anything about the lab being in trouble and I am still in contact with several people in the know there. If you are a fresh college grad needing work experience, put in a year or so and go elsewhere. You'll make quite a bit more money at other companies.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

remember this is a very new company, very small compared to other labs. They are attempting to grow the sales force and generate business and then that will lead to better equipment being purchased, etc. this company does have a future - the CEO is a genius no question about that. they need to drive more sales via a sales force to ultimately drive more lab business and that will down the road lead to higher salaries

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yah Right!! This company is all about driving more business and getting 1 employee to do the work of 3, and just "fogetabout it" as far as higher salaries! Not gonna happen!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What is the average pay for a lab tech at MDL?

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The work environment is poor. This is especially true from their sales department. Driven by 1 person who shouldn't even be a janitor; let alone sales director. It's all about "what have you done for me today?" She has the wrong attitude and the fact she's running the sales department shows how little Dr. M cares about his company and employees and more about the almighty dollar. Red flags across the board on this outfit. Simply go to careerbuilders or any other job board and take notice of the multitude of job vacancies available for this outfit. And, no. This is not because of expansion. This is a perfect example of a textbook definition of a pump-ndump organization. If Dr. M truly cared about the future of his company he would reflect on the direction it's been going and the huge turn-over on a constant basis. Get rid of the Sales D and things will begin to improve.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

one of the reg mgrs posted this. ceo is no genius. hate to burst your bubble. he put vt in a position to terrorize his employees. tell me, what's the percentage of sales reps gone by their 3rd month? 6th month? first year? you're a piece of shit!!