LabCorp Just Screwed Sales on Covid Testing

Discussion in 'Labcorp' started by anonymous, May 29, 2020 at 6:46 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Labcorp notified Sales we are NOT getting credit on our rule of 78 for Covid -19 testing. Why? No explanation. So who the hell do they think promoted the hell out of Covid -19 to clients from day ONE that it was available?It was all Sales! Sales also notified clients of the MANY variations of swab collection changes. Every time that Labcorp changes the kind of swabs that the clients can use you have to notify all your clients in your book of business that there is yet another change to the swab collection, this has happened at least 5 times so far. This is because of Vendors not being able to be consistent with supplies. Try explaining that to a Doctor five times. Labcorp rolled out the Covid testing with no pricing attached. A few weeks in we finally got a price to give our clients so we notified all of our clients in our books of business of what the price was. A few weeks later the price was changed to double the amount because of the CMS reimbursement. Who do they think went back to all those clients in their books of business and notified the clients that now the price has changed to double. It was their SALES TEAMS! It was not management, it was SALES. I cannot count the many phone calls that I receive from clients on a daily basis and still continue to do so for result orders and test requirements for Covid testing. It has been so crazy busy. This has been nothing but a roller coaster that’s been very emotional for all of us. We are already losing so much if not all commission for the rest of the year because so many Doctors offices have closed. We were counting on the Covid sales to make our rule of 78 numbers but now they won’t even give that to us, yet we are the people that did all the work selling the tests! Sales has worked harder now than ever before even if we are working from home offices. So when you people see on TV the word Labcorp and you hear the media including our President and all the Doctors talk about what a great job Labcorp is doing on Covid testing, Yeah they are doing a great job but screwing Sales Teams out of sales credit for millions of tests that WE SOLD. Yes I know, we are paid to do a job and we have done it well. But normally when you sell and market a test you get to claim it on your rule of 78 which goes a long way in determining your value as an employee YET COSTS THE COMPANY NOTHING. They do not care about their employees at all, it’s all about the big corporation. I do feel fortunate that I still have a job and I do feel sorry for the millions that are on unemployment but thats not what this post is about.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Where did you get this info? Heard nothing like this.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This would be called compensation fraud. Surely this is not the case. I have heard no such thing either. Our director encouraged us to sell more COVID and said we could call it in.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What division are you in? I don’t see how this is possible. Clearly there have been valid selling efforts put into COVID sales. It’s not as if we are the only lab option!

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Was notified you get credit in book but correct no rule of 21 or 78 will apply for swab. How is that legal?

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

How is it NOT legal? Labcorp reserve the right to change the comp plan as they choose, whenever they choose. You've signed a document to that effect.

Is it ethical? Or good business? Probably. We're in the middle of a pandemic where Labcorp lost 50-60% of test volume for the first quarter. To give you partial credit seems fair. You'll soon be back up to normal earning levels, like the rest of the country, soon enough.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

When you think about it you don't want it in your rule of 78. Let's face it, this test is going to be seasonal and fizzle out just like the
    test for H1N1 did. Plus, like the H1N1 test I'm sure it wasn't a difficult sale. Most doctors were waiting for it to come out. Sounds like you're still getting your commission for the test. As for all the work sales had to do for a test that didn't require much in the area of selling, chalk it up to what you receive a salary for. You can also prospect leads from clients who just started using LCA for the test. The revenue for this test will peak in a month or two more, and then it's going to drag everyone's territory revenue down. You should have tried to negotiate a one time commission payment for the test and keep it completely out of the rule of 78 and your territory revenue. Now you'll be affected by it negatively for twelve more months.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Sounds to me that Labcorp sucks. Why are you still with this company. Oh yeah, you are still there because selling for Labcorp or Quest or BRL are not real sales jobs. Easy to sell when you providers are forced to use your labs due to insurance contracts. If the insurers every opened up their networks the Big 3 would be $500m labs at most. Every provider hates you!

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Pardon me sir, but you can duck yourself immediately.
    M4A wont save you either.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

In the NE and they already announced it completely tone deaf as usual. I heard they are having zoom calls to discuss all the while while wearing MAGA hats. Yes MAGA hats while there are riots in the street, clearly they don’t even know we exist.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Don’t hate. They were asking Trump if if the might join him in his bunker. Zoooooom

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Still no communication about rule of 21/78 during shutdown. Since they didn’t freeze books either they shouldn’t cap books when normalcy returns that’s double dipping you the negative.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Go back to the Quest board troll.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I hear Quest is at least paying reps a bonus based on Covid numbers. We are getting screwed.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It is the LabCorp way. Screw the employees at every turn.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

And LabCrap is turning around COVID tests in 5 days lol.

What a riot that must be for physicians. The industry leader being owned in COVID test turnaround times by labs with fewer than 10 sales reps lol

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Let’s go back to comp. My divisional leadership, in WRITING, advised us that we would be able to call-in COVID for July. We were counting on that. We have families. Many struggling right now. We have been up late at night searching for results, ordering supplies, getting screamed at about TATs. The lack of integrity here is sickening. This is so heartless, but it’s also unethical. We didn’t write the comp plan. How completely convenient for LCA to apply it when it screws us, but ignore it completely when it’s in our favor?

Many industries are Up due to the COVID crisis. I have friends selling PPE. Think their comp plan changed? Every other industry gets to ride the highs when they occur. I’m quite sure our senior leaders didn’t have their variable comp screwed with! But it’s okay to do to us? This was not happenstance. I live in a city with over 30 PCR testing options. I won this business. For LabCorp. I fought for it because I was told to. I trusted the comp plan that i signed. I trusted our leadership. Shame on me!