Laid Off Today (Hired Last Week)

Discussion in 'Vertical Pharmaceuticals' started by anonymous, Mar 30, 2020 at 12:57 PM.

Tags: Edit
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

After ignoring most of the cafepharma posts (ignorance is bliss) and accepting the position, I was hired on March 23rd (last Monday). Today, I was called by HR and told that I was laid off. I'm getting a severance package of 12 weeks pay + new hire bonus. I wonder how many others were effected. You can't make this stuff up.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What are they even saving by laying ppl off? We’ll be back in field by May-prob less than 2 mos. but paying laid off for 3 mos? doesn’t make sense to me. Unless they planned layoffs and just decided to do it now.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

oh for sure they had this in the back of their minds for a while and this was the perfect opportunity to pull the trigger. Good excuse.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Bad company with no regard for their employees.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

No offense to the person just hired last week, but how does someone who was here for less than a week get the same severance as those who have been here for years? Just shows how little they care.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Any idea how many were laid off?

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I only know of 2

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This was terrible! No humane treatment during the most serious health crisis in the US. They used covid as a lame excuse. Well I am one who was retained. Like others in the same boat, we are all dusting our resumes off and actively looking. Drugs don't sell and the BS spouted by TD. We can't tske it anymore. What a terrible process and communication you had! Even my DM was stunned. Horrible company .

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Upper mismanagement. This company is probably going to run out of cash by the end of the year

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So many people were laid off. Last resort before liquidating. It’s hilarious that CW said the territories were designed for RVL launch. HA!

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Big big layoff. Most of my friends gone. Disgusting how you all did this so fast and during covid. DISGUSTING! You need to now hold those hokies in marketing to the flame. Adios amigos!

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

They'll not need to lay off any more people because everyone is looking. TD will be singing his bs tunes alone. AL is powerless. Lack of leadership! All of you. Spineless you blame this on covid?

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

They never intended on having inside sales launch revitalid.
    It has always been about BM JD CK TD and AE cashing in their restricted shares of stock ASAP
    There will be no money left to launch and the FDA will not be willing or able to audit the manufacturing facilities by July for Revitalid/(basically a daily cosmetic decongestant eye drop) during a global pandemic.
    They need to liquidate because no one ever knew how to mange a business, just their own bank accounts.
    Its a wonder they can even cut severance checks

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

We were all on our phones talking about how terrible this was. We all know it had little to do with corona-virus. This was all planned and is an indicator of what is to come folks. Bottom line - everyone said that they are looking actively to leave this place. Poor management and no plan at all!!!

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Agree. I'm still here and completely dismayed by all the lying. Am looking online as we speak. There s a complete lack of leadership here.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What did you expect, this virus will lay off all companies? Who can afford to keep their people?

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You're a fool. NO ONE in pharma layed anyone off. You used this 'health crisis' to cut costs.
    A lesson learned. I'm looking as well and so is my dm frankly.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Well managed established healthcare companies with leaders and financially astute ethical upper management
    Will survive without laying off underlings to protect their executivecompensation.
    There are examples each day of executives such as at AMC theatres and Macy’s and even small businesses where honest and humane CEOs and COOs are taking the same furloughs they are giving their unfortunate employees.
    They do not lay off sales forces year after year to cover the losses they incurred because of their own errors
    Such as launching Osmolex only to sell a small fraction of what was planned and made
    Being in 3 different therapeutic areas...
    With 0 experience in opthamology.
    This lay-off has nothing to do with the corona virus and everything to do with not holding the executives responsible

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Was anyone in the bridgewater office laid off or only salesforce?

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest