Late 30s rep here needs advice on career change.

Discussion in 'Industry Veterans' started by Anonymous, Jul 19, 2008 at 4:52 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

your are gay or bi, for sure. not a big deal, but you are.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

thanks for the feedback, know it all! BTW-am married with kids.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This guy ain't gay more like real! The way his post should read is. I'm in my late 30's and I am doing everything in my power not to knock off my little prissy DM's head. When she rides with me every 3 weeks everything out of her mouth is bitching and moaning much worse than the typical wife/whore. The next move for me is teaching or a career that might pay less and make me work longer hours, but atleast I have my self respect back and not wake up every morning wanting to kill myself. So you can take your fake pharma BS and the high priced CEO's that charge for overpriced meds to senior citizens and go to hell. Better yet Obama the new fearless leader just might lead pharma into reconstruction which we all know means cut backs and many unemployed reps!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am familiar with Pharma Reps who have left the industry to dive into a career in H.H. or Hospice. There is a LOT of pressure in this industry and I have seen many of pharma reps return to the pharma industry because of how demanding and cut throat H.H. (in particular) is. If you are willing to work a solid 10-12 hour day I would highly suggest a career with a National H.H. or Hospice because of incentives and competitive salary. Good luck!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

RN BSN here. Pharma rep for the last 5 years. To all the pharma reps in nsg school or thinking that they should do it need to think long and hard. My easiest day of nursing was harder than any pharma day. When I first came to pharma and heard coworkers complain about the workload, I would laugh!! Just a little advice- follow a RN in a hospital setting(not an office, bc thats a joke job) then make your decision.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am a nurse in pharma for many years now. No question the work is much harder as a nurse. But at least it had some value. This is a mindless job full of the most greedy ruthless people ever. I am getting out now. Yes I enjoyed the money and freedom for I time, but I truely hate what I have become. For those of you going into nursing I wish you the best you will work hard but if money is not your driver you will be rewarded.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Same here. I hate my job, hate my manager and hate my company. They lie to the physicians and have for years and then let the sales force know about it after two years of telling physicians incorrect info. What a fucking joke of a career.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I find myself daydreaming about calling my manager and turning in my keys with a surreal smile on my face.

I enter cosmetology school in March
    I wrote a book. It took 10 years. I've been doing my time for 10 years. hmph
    I have awards/presidential and the like
    They mean nothing
    I'm sick of product launches
    dead dr target lists
    being accountable for mess(like dead dr target lists)."why didnt dr jones write 10 scripts. ummm he's dead. that's NO excuse."
    I'm tired of acquisitions/mergers/voicemail/email/download all on my time which better be after 5:30 and not a second earlier.
    i'm tired of being accountable for sales with locked target lists that are full of dead drs, and no room for growth, because their dead drs.lol

I'm tired and I am working up the courage to walk. Wish me luck.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"Why didn't Dr. Jones write 10 rx. umm he's dead. that's no excuse"....

quite possibly the funniest "thing" that I have ever heard or seen, and I really can't laugh that hard right now about it,

but this is good stuff my friend.

lol.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

On your next field day with your manager I am sure he will want you to role play in the car on how you are going to get 10 rx from DR Jones. Take him where he is buried and role play there........................................

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

3XLOL.

These managers are so useless to professional reps.

Prob. is, there are not many professionals reps out there, so these r*****s keep their jobs.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Go! There is more job satisfaction being a waitress then being a pharma rep. Get that cosmetology degree and have fun! Remember you can get unemployment if you quit. call your state unemployment agency and they will tell you there are like 10 stipulations that allows you to get unemployment if you discharge yourself as they would say. Good luck life is to short to waste it in pharma!

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hi
    I am from Calcutta,India and I am in the same situation as you are all. I am in my late thirties and still unmarried ! I am really frustrated with my life ,seems like committing suicide! Many call me as a failure and I am treated like a beggar now!

p.s.: I didn't wanted to post as an anonymous but strangely I cant see a register option in this forum!! There is no way I can either register ,hence no way i can login!

Plz tell me how do i register?

15. Why do you guys complain so much? This career is awesome!

16. #36 Anonymous, Jun 16, 2014 at 1:18 PM
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 8, 2016 at 10:32 AM
    Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

“Oh, you hate your job? Why didn’t you say so? There’s a support group for that. It’s called EVERYBODY, and they meet at the bar.”

What ever happened to a job being a means to an end??? Why TF does it have to define who and what you are and even more absurdly your happiness! My Dad was a white collar manager type, he went to work, came home and spent time with his family and friends, coached little league, played softball and basketball with his friends, and never talked about work - and he is a very happy and fun person. It wasn't a glamorous job as he was a buyer for an industrial manufacturing company - nothing glamorous or fulfilling about that! For whatever reason no one seems happy with a 'normal' job. Sorry folks but how you see jobs on TV and movies are never close to reality. They are jobs, they all have good things and bad things, you'll work with and for jerks and great people over time. There will be times of excitement and fulfillment of sorts and there will be times of boredom and loathing of the job. Pharma or any industry is not immune to it and no Pharma does not have a larger share of those downsides, I can assure you that if you are searching for fulfillment from work you are going to have a hard time. Sure you may hate this industries for many of its faults, but make no mistake very few industries are without them. Talk to some of your nurses and doctors and see how 'fulfilled' they are...very few. Most surveys of healthcare providers report an overall lack of happiness and fulfillment in their jobs.

Not sure when the generational shift happened but for whatever reason one's job has become all encompassing of who they are and their happiness. Is this job perfect? Of course not, but it has provided me with a great life that I am thankful for.