Latuda Patent Extended to 2024???

Discussion in 'Sunovion' started by anonymous, Feb 21, 2018 at 3:37 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So, what's up with that? Why all the secrecy? Super secret blood brothers oath needed just to be informed of the news. Something seems very odd about the whole communication process of it.

Anyone know the TRUTH/

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yeah, it is BS. They are hoping the courts will extend the patent, but it will not be decided in time. It will take years for a decision and the patent is up in January. Generics will already be on the market and we will all be gone.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I agree. This just smells fishy. The culture here has changed remarkably in the last year, to a company I no longer want to work for. And they keep asking about "culture." If I tell them anything about the truth, I get labeled a complainer and get even MORE focus than I already have (even though my numbers are great). It's turning into drama club...in high school. Are they aware that we are actually grown ups?

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

How many posts are you going to reply to dude

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I don't believe it is extended through 2024. I don't believe anything they tell us anymore.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It is not happening.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I left Sunovion last year for a greener pasture but still have a lot of friends here so let me provide you some interesting facts I found:

If you google the patent number US 9,815,827 from the press release it will tell you all about it. It was a method patent filed back in 2002 by Sumitomo Dainippon. I am not sure why the US Patent office just got around to approving it last year but I guess that happens. If you read the lawsuit it looks like Sunovion hired Fish and Richardson to represent them and this is one of the best patent defense firms in the nation they even say so on their website which I found funny. However, my father is a patent attorney and he told me this firm is perhaps the best and would not have bothered taking this case if it were not a good one with a greater than 50% chance of winning. This is big news for Sunovion

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

They are bringing in Coktoasten to reduce headcount. They would never bring him in to replace Gish if we have another 6-7 years of patent life. Coktoasten is a cleaner with one job- reduce headcount before Latuda LOE

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

They are bringing in Coktoasten to reduce headcount. They would never bring him in to replace Gish if we have another 6-7 years of patent life. Coktoasten is a cleaner with one job- reduce headcount before Latuda LOE

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

it may be big for Sunovion but it doesn’t feel right in my position as a rep. It’s like mom & dad have been fighting for a year(s) and we’re told as kids, mom & dad are getting a divorce. We’re going through what’s happens to me, managers get squeezed, PIPs fly around like flies in the face, good people leave, you’re told nothing to see here with dasotraline coming out THEN we’re told...just kidding...mom and dad are fine, but don’t say anything about it because they might still get a divorce if you say anything. They’re not getting a divorce. Everything’s fine. What’s the problem? Grass is greener so go if you want but this is a great place with a great future. Just don’t say anything or the whole place may go shithouse. Dysfunction junction what’s your function?

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You are either a troll or need to be taking Latuda because you sound schizophrenic. I personally can't see a downside to this patent thing if we win it. I read about other pharma companies doing this all the time.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

then please explain why they brought in Jon “the cleaner” Coktoasten to replace the Gish? Something doesn’t smell right

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Ha! Told you so! Told you that it would not extend Latuda to 2024. Told you! You dumb asses really thought these amatuers could pull this off.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So it isn’t extended? Serious replies only!

Paul

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So much for that whole... please don't talk about it...

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It is not official yet, but it is looking like there is an issue with the case and it is not in our favor. This is a serious reply.

We should know more by the end of March, but it would be a miracle if it happens now.

The plans for staff reduction will start to roll out in Mid April due to bad resp sales and pending LOE. It will not just be field roles, but across the company. It is getting scary.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The post above is from a low life troll and is absolutely not true. Anyone with a little common sense would know that legal matters like these take quite a bit of time. Not to mention there were not any staff reductions planned even before this stuff with Latuda.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Hi Latuda sales team. This is upper management. We know you are all looking for jobs elsewhere because Latuda is going off patent in a few months but we have something great and fantastic to tell you but you have to keep it a secret. I mean you really really have to keep it a secret. You can't tell ANYONE. You can't even talk about it to each other after we tell you. OK? Well... WE have been able to extend the Latuda patent until 2024!!! SHhhhhhhhhhhhhhh... Don't tell anyone though. It's very import you don't tell anyone.

When the news is broken to the field sales team like that, what do you think is going on. Use your heads people.

Look at the history of this company people.

Lunesta sales team all fired 9 months before patent expiration
    Summit team all let go 5 months before patent expiration.
    Half of Respiratory let go 7 months before patent expiration and the 50% we kept did all they could to launch "Da da da da da da - da - da da - da da da - MY Zetonna" which failed and those left were fired quickly thereafter.

But don't worry. We've told you all along Latuda patent expires in 2018 and MIRACLE!! We let you all know a month ago that the patent has been extended to 2024. But be sure not to tell anyone. No we don't want to do a press release or any of the analysts to find out. Good news like that would only hurt us.

Come on management. We are not idiots.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The only idiot is the person that wrote this note. You are trying to create a conspiracy that does not exist and your so-called facts are not correct. There have been two press releases about the patent that are public and all employees received them. The fact you do not know seem to know this indicates you are likely not an employee or you are an employee who is too dumb to read your email. As far discussing this stuff? The simple answer is what is there to discuss? It is a matter for the courts.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I think you are actually the troll. What the other person said makes sense. There have actually have been talks about staff reductions and it is to prepare for when Latuda goes off patent. I was sitting in the meetings, so you can’t tell me they didn’t happen. The reductions won’t take place until late June. It will happen in the field and corporate. Any time a product goes off patent, six months before, staff reductions happen. It is just part of the business. The extension plan for latuda is also not certain. It does have to go through the courts before a decision is made. I think this big secret was let out a little too early. These are all facts and it would be nice if everyone put real info here instead of fake news. The sad fact is we have no pipeline and nothing to fall back on. We bought crappy products from Novartis and now we have to pay the price.