Launch meeting

Discussion in 'Novo Nordisk' started by anonymous, May 7, 2017 at 9:42 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I had high hopes for Doug right up until he took the Lord's name in vain. As a woman, I am offended by the vulgarity and as a Christian I am insulted and saddened. There is a dictionary full of words that can communicate passion and enthusiasm without cursing. I cannot wait until we receive a survey about the meeting.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

From career experience" everyone in your company sounds like they ought to be looking over their shoulder"!

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Sounds like everyone in your company ought to be looking over their shoulder.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You shouldn't be surprised by this. A senior-level guy blaspheming from the stage is yet another example of the fact that we are doomed. Think, people. I can see a Jack Welch-type guy throwing in a "bullshit" or "dammit" to shock and awe his legions. But this guy's performance was a new depth, even for a company with a long list of VPs that have been shown the door in the past 12 months.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Grow up & don't be such an uptight baby.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Uptight has nothing to do with it. A leader should not swear on stage while presenting to a large group of people. It makes them look foolish, unprofessional and reduces their credibility. And from a HR perspective, if anyone in the audience has an issue with their leader swearing on stage, it could be an issue for the leader. It creates an unrespectful workplace for some, like it or not.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Any hopes I had for Doug were dashed when he cursed in such a horrible way on stage in front of his colleagues. Not only do I not respect him but I do not care for his lack of professionalism and crudity. Big disappointment. Nothing he does moving forward will make me forget what he said from stage during a launch meeting!

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

then go somewhere else! obviously you are so perfect that you can't handle imperfection in others. lucky for the company, there are many of us that are much more tolerant.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This company is a lost dog - good luck -m Otherfuckrs

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I think that's the point - there are plenty of people going somewhere else. This is just another example that we've made another big mistake at the top. Jesper was obviously the wrong guy, as he started this culture meltdown that we're in now. Jakob was obviously also the wrong guy, being he apparently didn't want the job. And, Doug is showing he lacks the maturity and the professionalism to lead an organization. Another wrong guy at the top.

What you call "tolerance", I'll just go ahead and call ignorance. No one should stick around and "tolerate" poor leadership. No one is asking anyone else to be perfect here. Just be professional. Is that too much to ask?

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Despite all of our tag lines (Novo's TBL, we're trying to put ourselves out of business, we're a foundation and not a pharma. company, etc), we're making the exact same mistakes that our competitors made over the past 2 decades. Sanofi has been through 4 or so Presidents and CEOs since 2007. Pfizer has had 4 CEOs since 2000. GSK and AZ mow through senior leaders like nobody's business.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Like I've said on this site since 2012, we are (were) successful in spite of ourselves.

PS: To those that are beating their chests about our growing Victoza share, even though I am happy, I am not surprised. For years we've been kicking the crap out of our industry's version of a 98 pound weakling: Sanofi. Those poor, disheartened fools couldn't sell if their very lives depended on it. Rather than gloating (a NNI specialty!!) I am more concerned that Lantus knock-offs NRx is really going to take off when the price comes down later this year. Add to that the growing public outcry over our tried-and-true growth strategy (significant price increases every 2 years)? I am very concerned for 2018. The gravy train has to stop sometime!!!

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

As someone who did not attend the launch meeting, what exactly did Doug say that was so offensive? My DBM actually said "Andy and Doug were pretty motivating."

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

U must b new. That's what Mgrs. R supposed to say.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

He said "G** D*****" - for 70% of the country, he might as well have dropped and F-bomb. You can't say that (and still not apologize for it). Too pompous.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

70% of this country are fragile snowflakes.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Fragile and snowflake have nothing to to with it you simple mind. Leadership and good judgement is what we're taking about in case you're confused

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You're right. Pussies. 70% of this country are pussies.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What the heck do you THINK your DBM is going to say? "I wish Andy would be held accountable for this mess we're in. Come on, now----the tears were an embarrassment for someone at his level. Can you imagine Jack Welch or some other take charge-type leader forcing tears when presenting to the whole country? And whats up with Doug trying to sound like he's a 60s hah skool footbawl coach from Natchez, Mississippi?"

DBMs (at least the smart ones) know that once they're kicked off of Novo's teat, there are one, maybe two companies that are hiring that can come close to matching their cushy lifestyle/pay package. Most of the managers from my last company are out of the game completely, or are at Quintiles, InVentiv, or some small company selling devices.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yes. You're super tough and don't care about anyone else. That's why you love DUGL so much - you're exactly the same.