Lay-off looms large

Discussion in 'AstraZeneca' started by anonymous, May 7, 2020 at 7:55 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

NYC ~ 5 years

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Over 15 years, Midwest and the post is spot on.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Good coverage=Good numbers regardless of how bad the reps is
    Bad coverage=Bad numbers regardless of how good the rep is

It never fails. A territory with 25% managed care coverage can't compete with a territory with 80%.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I am retired, but you are spot on!!

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Retired rep here...you too my friend are spot on. I could not wait to get out of this shit!

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You don’t have any friends floor mopper.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

amen to this post!! Agree 100%. Same in our area with Bevespi. It would have NEVER been written without us. Granted it didn’t do as well as I’m sure company would have hoped it still put money in their pocket. Look at what a flop utibron was. They had those reps working in enormous territories and very poor personal promotion and no SOV. I’d venture to guess there were less than 50 scripts total of that ever written in our territory. It’s been well proven that drugs don’t launch themselves and nothing will ever replace personal promotion of drugs. No amount of online ads or ads in journals or whatever is going to sell a drug

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

In almost 40 years with 2 different pharma companies, this scenario played out when managed care ruled the roost. You newbies would have loved working in an environment where health insurance paid for what the doctor ordered. No PAs, no call backs. Now, if you’re territory has poor managed care coverage, you’re screwed. It sucks, but what sucks even more is that most pharma companies DON’T take the differences in managed care coverage into account when setting goals.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Medical personnel do not need us to tell them what is covered. This is pharmaceutical Evolution...... and environmental conditions put the cherry on top.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Very true. They say they do, but they don't at least not at the level they need to. They use some cockamamie multiplier that doesn't come even close to the negative impact not being on a major plan will wrought.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This is what happens when you we overpay for glorified fedex drivers and caterers.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yup, never mind the "marketing" brains who NEVER carried a bag. You have to wonder why inside continues to reward their own, unless an external sales person knows how to play the game. Love taking sales direction from someone who came from another marketing company w/o ever having been in a territory. Folks, it is rampant inside. So, before you call us fedex drivers and caterers, you may want to see what we deal with. You would go home crying because your "message" didn't land.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What an idiotic post. It’s all formulary position and has nothing at all to do with “personal promotion”. Foolish dribble from some knuckle dragging ego centric over educated wanna be physician. I’ve been doing this for 33 years and every year I’ve won awards, it’s been because we had good coverage. When our coverage was poor, we sucked. Wait, I guess u thing my personal promotional activity changed from year to year. Foolishness.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What is rampant inside? Most of you, reps, are morons. You wouldn't know how to do your job, if you weren't told. You're pathetic.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

And here we go...

Oh great and all knowing gurus of marketing, we beg you to come out into the field and show us what a great call looks like. We all are excited about what we can learn from your wisdom and tactics. Surely, the usage of our brands will skyrocket after we see and implement your great words.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Bwahahahahaha
    Written by someone who could not sell pu##$ on troop train. You are a pathetic loser whose self esteem is derived from convincing yourself that you important. Pharmaceutical sales is 98% driven my managed care and I’m really sorry that you must construct a new identity because you are a worthless maggot.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Bwahahahahaha? You're a tool. Go fuck yourself.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Guys, I've been around quite sometime. Ready to retire thank God! Prior to merger, both Zeneca and Astra were sales driven companies. Marketing of course in those days played a significant role in promotion. However sales ruled the roost. Field managers prior to merger could implement strategies related to their individual market. Even meetings were planned by sales managers relevant to local marketing conditions. After merger, sales lost power to marketing. Marketing even decided what was the agenda at local meetings. They even spell out by the minute what the local sales manager was supposed to do. You deviate from this and you were dead. Sales calls that stressed a discussion with physicians lost out to messaging. Basically a commercial. Reps are bored as hell and doctors hate it. Now if a product does well marketing gloats how great their plan was...if sales suck...the damn reps didn't implement the strategy. A real salesperson is bored and lost motivation. Caterers and sample signature surfers go through the motions of sales. What a sad state!

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Bitch! I ordered turkey not ham! Go back to Panera and get my order right and while you’re at it get me a Starbucks too you big loser.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I remember a few years ago this fat hog in an office wanted me to drive 15 miles out of my territory each way to get her a kosher lunch. I told her I didn't have time to do that. When I brought lunch to the office the hog screamed at me in front of the entire staff. Oh by the way she was a medical assistant. The doctor, a good friend of mine, asked her to come into the office. She was fired on the spot. Never saw the hog again. LOL. It's amazing how some people think we are just caterers working just for them.