Layoff - how would Allergan know...

Discussion in 'Allergan' started by anonymous, Feb 4, 2018 at 10:45 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

OK those of us that were let go are still on payroll until March 16th and then we get our lump sum severance. So how would the company know if I started a new job before March 16th? Would insurance coverages give it away?

And the way I read the seoeration agreement is that they would prorate my package right? Like if I started on March 1st with my new company then they just wouldn’t pay me fir the time between March 1-16th. Right? But I still get my lump sum severance?

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

How would they know is the biggest question. I wouldn’t post anything on Facebook and LinkedIn on any changes you made. But is a couple of extra paychecks worth the risk of losing your entire severance package

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

they wil never know unless you call HR and tell them. It’s that simple.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I ORDER YOU FARTBREATHS TO CEASE AND DESIST THIS SLANDER BY ORDER OF HOME OFFICE. WE ARE MONITORS AND YOU BETTER HERE ME LOUD AND CLEER.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

They wouldn't, I did it at my last company. Never told them I started a new job and double dipped. Just don't tell anyone

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

don’t they just prorate the time left on payroll and not the actual severance package if you get a job during the WARN period?

You don’t lose your severance right?

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Won’t know unless you told them. Why do you think allergan hired a company to help you find another job? To be nice? Yeah right. To help you get a job, so they can tell allergan you found a job, so they can get paid by allergan and you don’t get severance.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Was released in the first cut when FRX became Actavis. The placement company is useless, but to the point above, probably best not to tell them if you get s new job.

Otherwise, they don’t know unless you tell them. Many people got new jobs back then within the first two months and just rode off into the sunset with their cash.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Severance is like hush hush money for RDs and DMs indirectly telling you to be non compliant during POA. Don’t tell them.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Your new company may do an employment check, and that information could get back to Allergan, although that work is typically outsourced to a vendor. The vendor may or may not advise Allergan, but I'm not sure I'd take the chance during the warn period, if you can hold off on the new gig....

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The company doing the VOE will not inform ALLERGAN THAT YOU HAVE A NEW JOB. dumbest thing I’ve ever heard.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

i really can't understand why there is such disinformation about this. To be very clear, a severance package is in no way tied to you taking another job, even during the WARN period. Allergan is legally and completely required to pay out all severance to those whom they separated from the company. The only scenario that would involve forfeiture is one where you accept another position within Allergan. Other than that you are free to sit on your couch all day or go right back to work somewhere else. Severance from Allergan and your employment elsewhere are totally unrelated. If you need further assurance, reach out to an employment attorney for specific advice pertaining to your individual situation, but stop with the juvenile "don't get caught double dipping " BS.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

wow! An actual adult on CafePharma- thanks for the info old dude!

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Thanks for this info

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Total BS

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

That’s exactly how the separation agreement reads. So if you land another job that replaces your salary then congrats on basically doubling up you’re pay for however long your package was for

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The above is correct- I've been through 3 layoffs and started a new job each time well before the package ran out- there was never any conflict with my previous company but the tax bite sucks. They tax it like a bonus not salary so it's like 38%

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

No one has been laid off yet...they have been notified. Layoff does not occur until day of separation (last day of employment.)

People were notified (mid-Jan) and told when their last day of employment would be (mid-March). Whether or not an employee had to show up to work during this period (WARN) was at the discretion of Allergan.

If you accept another job during the WARN period, then you are voluntarily leaving Allergan.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

disagree
    Seperation agreement states the company is ending your employment and there is a legal warn period. Unless they offer to reinstate your position then you are terminated.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

RD looked into it during the August layoff. A rep got an offer the week they were laid off and got to keep their severance.