Layoff - how would Allergan know...

Discussion in 'Allergan' started by anonymous, Feb 4, 2018 at 10:45 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yes, "ending your employment" as of a certain date. You are an Allergan employee until your last day of employment, at the end of the WARN period.

During WARN period, a notified employee should receive normal bi-weekly paychecks (like every other AGN employee) and then severance payout after WARN period ends since they are now officially terminated.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Argue all you like. I spoke with an attorney and I know what is legally correct. OP.is clear if he wants to take a position now if he wants

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I’m not sure about that bud. You may want to get a second opinion just to be safe. I’ve read my sep agreement too and the wording reads that we won’t be eligible for severance if we find employment before March 16th.
    Look I hope you find employment right away and get all your severance but I’m almost certain that you won’t if you’re employed before March 16th.
    Now the question is, how would Allergan know if you did start a new job before March 16th

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

if you start a new job before March 16th then you just forfeit the Allergan WARN pay that remains through March 16th. You still get your severance. They may adjust your total severance or they may not though

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You are all so dumb this thread is proof they made the right decision to lay you off. Pay an attorney to review your documents instead of asking idiots on here.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

OK I gotta stop this.
    So many people posting in here on what they “think” is their interpretation of the separation agreement.
    100% FACT that you do not lose your lump sum severance, PTO pay or commission if you find another job and start before March 16th.

End of thread

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

.......says anonymous poster.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Ummm and your point is? Again 100% FACT

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I can testify to this.
    I have already started with another company. Started this past Monday and am I’m home study now.
    Anyway you do not lose any of your severance. When I notified Allergan of my new position, they just ended my position with Allergan and paid me through February 19th which was my new company start date. It actually sped up the time that I will receive my lump sum severance. Instead of waiting to sign my separation agreement from them on March 16th they moved it up to February 19th. So I will receive my lump sum next payout which is next Friday.

Congrats to anyone who gets a job before you have to use any of your lump sum severance. Huge pay day for you. I have doubled my income for this year. I’m finicially light years ahead of what the reps are that are still at Allergan. They can get all the $2k raises they want and will never catch up to the money that I just made. Couldn’t have been more perfectly timed. Thanks Allergan!!

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The correct answer is.....if you get a job before March 16th, it does not affect your severance at all. I too have another job offer and I start tomorrow for home training. Notified Allergan last week. I should also get my lump sum severance this coming Friday when it’s pay day

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

two things
    Allergan won’t know if you get another job
    And you get your full severance package even if you do get another job and wish to tell them

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Reading comprehension FTW!

I never said that severence package would be lost, I have not seen the package and do not know how it is worded.

My point was only that an employee who gets another job while under the WARN period is the party terminating employment (fact) and Allergan would not be OBLIGATED to pay severance.

If Allergan CHOOSES to pay severence to an employee who terminates their employment during WARN period, then that is Allergan's perogative.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

At which sites are the lay offs occurring and what type of positions?

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Did anyone else receive a direct deposit from allergan on 3/30/18? It was this past friday and the amount I got was not close to my severance (even after taxes). And I have already received my Q4 payout and final paycheck from 3/16/18. Cant figure out what this money was for?

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Vacation time? President’s club payout?

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I still haven’t received my severance lump sum. I did get all other pay, but still not severance pay. Go to ADP. The pay statements will tell you what it was for.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

should get the lump sum on the next pay period which is April 13th

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

GREAT!!! Thank you for the info. I’ll keep an eye out for it! :)