Layoff rumor

Discussion in 'BiogenIdec' started by anonymous, Jun 18, 2016 at 11:32 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Which of the 3 Neurology sales forces will be eliminated? 1, 2 or 3. Heard this will be announced in Dec 2016.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Heard from a colleague that Team 1 will be gone. Team 2 will carry Tec, Plegridy and Team 3 will carry Tysabri and co-promote Dac with AbbVie. Biogen will probably acquire Accorda and have that sales force carry on. No need for 3 ABMs all selling Tec.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

lay offs again? Why bother posting job openings then?

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If there are 2 TBMs in your territory one of you will be gone

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I bet this is the same poster replying to his own thread. Why on earth would they keep back filling positions if they are going to layoff in 5 months?

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

it is true

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

WTF is this amateur hour? Did you get hired into Buyogen straight from college or are you just lacking in the IQ department? I assume not so therefore you are naive!

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yes it is amateur hour. Still waiting for a reason or some logic on why they would backfill multiple positions across the country then layoff 5 months from now. Does not seem like smart finances but I dunno, I'm just an amateur. Please educate me.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Ah yes, the snarks are definitely back!

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Buyogen needs to slash costs to stay afloat. Stock is down almost 40 percent from our peak and with Anti-Lingo and the AD drug failures we either buy someone or get bought. Sorry but that's the reality. We only have 3 Billion in cash so only way to free more cash is to slash the staff.

Sales force 1-2 will be consolidated, that is what's being talked about. Sales force 3 will stay intact for now.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

man, that sucks....so a new hire, once gets through training will have 2 months in the field, then fired. Really dumb even hiring

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I'm very sorry to hear about the lay offs. Been there & it's not fun. But I can say that there is life after buyogen.... One where you can sleep at night!

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Blame the geniuses who all came in from Merck and told us we needed more share of voice with the customer. Many of us who have been in MS forever pushed back and said no that is not a good strategy for many reasons however the Merckies had the power since they were all brought in by you know who and they ran the show and now eventually helping to run Biogen into the ground.

In one of my last meetings on this topic I remember them telling us they knew MS and they implemented all of theses strategies at Merck yadda yadda yadda. Well how has this worked out for you and Biogen now? Internally in the Commercial Dept Biogen is a hot MESS. Trust me. The copany is nowhere near where it was even 2-3 years ago.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Same reason why they poured milions into revamping bio 2 only to start the closing process 2 months later. Or why they were hiring people as recent as 3 months ago , knowing the building was being shuttered.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So, I'm being considered for an opening in sales and I'm really interested. How good is it? 1 - 10.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

They needed it to look pretty for the sales tours, just like you give your house a new coat of paint when you put it on the market. And the hiring a were to make sure they have a full staff to "sell" with the facility.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Layoffs will be announced by December since the July numbers that will be presented to Wall Street show us in real bad shape with declining sales and projected huge hit in 2017. 1/3 of sales force will be gone by February 2017 but final numbers not settled on yet. This was discussed in a meeting last week.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I work in Weston, and this is COMPLETE BS. Every word. Literally.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Okay skippy!

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Thank you, I hate trolls man. Not cool to spread a BS rumor