Layoff

Discussion in 'Alkermes' started by anonymous, Dec 21, 2018 at 12:20 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

How soon will they start the layoffs?

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Let me see... We're having a slight expansion in one of our sales teams, the other we are evaluating where we may need more headcount, we're starting an entirely new team (offers are in the process of going out) and it looks like we are going to come in above plan for the year. We have 3831 maneuvering through the FDA and growth in both our current products is strong. I'm thinking the layoffs will probably start around 2027 at the earliest. Anyone else care to weigh in?

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

smoking the synthetic stuff this evening huh?

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yes, I’ll weigh in. Alkermes is not a non-profit. It’s in business to make money. An expansion means nothing. Never forget we, the sales force, are expendable in a crisis situation. It’s in every pharma companies playbook.

Stock is tanking + Failed antidepressant = sales force reduction in 2019.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays. If you are that worried btw and worth a shit you’ll find another job. Sounds like you need to go anyway.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I agree with the OP. Our stock was at $64 in Feb and it’s trading at $29 today?! Some not all of the sales force will be laid off by June 2019.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Let me guess, you were either a communications or kinesiology major in college...

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Neither but a hell of a lot smarter than you

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Apparently not, if YOU don’t see what’s on the horizon. Hope you have a backup plan. Cheers!

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Way ahead of you my friend. Pulled the parachute long ago and cashed out when the stock price was 2.5 times higher than today. Amazing how good life can be outside of ALKS.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Thanks so much for what seems to be true and genuine concern for all of us. We're doing fine and we're all big boys and girls. We work here and we all can get a read for ourselves on what we think is going to happen. Unless you have some inside information or any information that is not available to all of us, you're posting layoffs seems to be more of a stir the pot or spread discontent. So either share the information you think you have that we don't or simply go away.

Thanks,

Signed: Those of us who work here that are intelligent and able to make our own read on what is going on here.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Then please don’t be surprised when you are blindsided by our lay-off in mid 2019. Happy Holidays!

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Thanks for all the concern you are showing for me. Your transparent alarm for my well being really allows me to see your true motivation. So exactly what makes you want to cause alarm in everybody here and have people consider leaving a great company that seems to have a bright future? Did you not get hired here or get a promotion you thought you deserved? Please tell us.

I suggest you take care of yourself and get some help so that you can be happy and content. It must be really hard for you making sure all of us are warned about being potentially blind sided in 2019. You are a true humanitarian.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

How will they decide who goes and who stays?

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I interviewed for a position and the people were extremely nice but, I'm glad I didn't take the position. The company doesn't seem very stable. I think if some trial were to be positive it may be a good place for someone just starting in the medical sales business. Everyone was young, which is good but, you may need some seasoned industry people to help navigate things at some point.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

ZS Associates

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Congrats to your son. Is he going to an Ivy League school? Hope so...he has a much better chance of getting in there than he does getting a gig here at Alkermes. Atleast that’s what we were told during the Aristada launch!

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You will hear soon enough about your future here.

Hopefully, ZS Associates will determine based on analytics and performance that YOU need to go. Dilly, dilly!

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I started in Dec and I’m already looking to get out. The gossip and unprofessional behavior of the DBL’s and above is nothing like I’ve ever seen. It’s clear nothing here is confidential. It’s uncomfortable for me as a rep to hear some of the things that my manager and her manager have shared with me about others and I’m new! It makes me wonder what they are telling others about me. This place is messy, messy, messy. It’s hard to believe that HR isn’t all over this messiness.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Girl, get out now. Your instincts of it being an unprofessional place is right on the money. All everyone does is talk about each other behind their backs. This place is a complete mess. HR is so clueless on what is happening. You have a bunch of idiots working in HR and you would think this was their first and only job. A box of rocks gives more direction.

Get out now and get something new in January.