Layoffs and a sales meeting oh what fun

Discussion in 'MWI' started by anonymous, Jan 22, 2018 at 9:06 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

seriously. What a fuckin joke. Let’s reapply for positions lay off everyone and not talk about the reasons why- management screwing up major contracts and being ousted. Boy ABC you’ve been such a great company to us. And now we are suppose to be focused on meetings all this week.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Shocking that undercutting the rest of the market to steal business would eventually hit the wall.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Unfortunately it will only get worse... within a year the entire sales force (what’s left of it) will be salary/bonus. They’ve already reduced commissions to the point that salary would actually be a welcome change for many reps.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This will be a whole industry change. Margins aren’t going up my friends.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Typical corporate Anerica, people. Alienate everyone to save a buck. Pay the stockholders more no matter what. Screw the little people. They can go die as long as it's on their time. Where's my big fat dividend check ?

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I strongly agree the combination of shrinking margins (never to return) and stockholder demands have killed the days of big (or any) commission distributor sales. I’m just waiting for the announcement of the change to come, it’s already happened to one segment of our sales force.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

And salesforce morale is at an all-time low since I’ve been with the company. I’m tired of the uncertainty - quit picking at the scab, just go ahead and rip the bandaid off so we can make a decision to stay or go.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Well yeah, morale is going down the tubes like everything else. Let's buy up some more small distributors and leave us all hanging. throw us in the ring with our new colleagues and watch everyone fight to the death over a few scraps. After all you better not let Shiny Hanks people have all the pie.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I’m 29 years old and a rep for MWI. What does my longevity look like with this company or any distributor for that matter?

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Is that a rhetorical question??

Ride it while you can but always be looking over your shoulder.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So are there any other MWI reps out there reading this? I’m perplexed - In the past 3 years we’ve had 2 commission reductions, now have credit card fees (for our customers that pay with CC) deducted from our commission checks, 2 or 3 rounds of layoffs, reorg of the livestock force with drastic pay cuts, and everyone seems to just take it in stride... any one else have any thoughts??

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

People have been leaving for jobs with manufacturers and other distributors in certain geographic areas. Those changes aren't shared with everyone.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

MWI is hemorrhaging people - both management and reps. Motivation is at an all-time low since I’ve been around. And word is more cuts will be coming toward the end of the year. The face of distribution will again change before year end...

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Word is around 25 reps have recently left, mostly to Patterson...

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

A couple more are on the way out in the coming weeks .

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Hmmm... what part of the country are they from?