Layoffs Are Coming

Discussion in 'Merck' started by anonymous, Mar 8, 2017 at 8:13 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

More FAKE NEWS; yawn.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Smoke this, oh you already have been.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Oh do you think he might not lie to us to keep us somewhat engaged until the the "right sizing"?

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Oh no!!!! Adam would never lie to us!!

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Thank you! It is incredible how they keep chipping away at the sales force, but marketing stays in place, largely outsourcing their work anyhow. We might have brands with more marketers than sales soon...

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You're all a bunch of fucks. Hope you all lose your jobs.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

That's because we will soon be obsolete. Access sucks, products either mediocre or sell themselves, and what do we really do? It sure as hell isnt sales.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You are spot on! When I started in the late 90s I was so busy. There was so much to do. I had to prioritize my work because I couldn't do it all and get to every doctor. We used terms like "low hanging fruit". Now my days are spent just trying to look busy. Making calls on ancillary office staff and any doctor who will still talk to reps. The fruit tree is not looking too good.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Eerily quiet out here don't you think? Cuts ahead

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Watch the first week in May for an upcoming teleconferences. That will be ~60 days before the end of the fiscal year for Merck. Kenny wants nothing more than to get a big chunk of of "financial burdens" off the balance sheet to start the new fiscal year. Just wait and see...

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I think first week of APRIL for teleconferences, because that's how they did it 3 years ago. This timeframe gave people time to review handraising option, and separation date was June 30. History repeats itself.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Be sure and read the separation agreement. If you are cut before July 1 there is no AIP/EIP bonus. After July 1 you will receive a special payment in lieu of a bonus. For sure cuts are coming given the pressure on the P&L. No top line growth means expense cuts means headcount reduction. Sorry to say it but it's definitely happening across the company. Be sure and have a back up plan. Start now if you are smart. All the best!

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

NSS contract force will be let go in summer. Primary care pick up psychs, and is left intact for remainder of year. Diabetes reps are ringed and safe because of SGLT2 launch. Port B reps are in jeapordy depending on Belsomra sales growth in 2016. But not until 2017 or beyond.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

SGLT2 launch? That's what you are counting on? The 4th or 5th entry into an existing market? Unless you dramatically undercut the price of current products, your national market share will max out at 3 percent. For your sake, I hope you have something more unique in your pipeline.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yes--and those products won't even be available to sell until 2018.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You're an idiot. Yes, SGLT2 launch is legit to count on. It's a tag team with Pfizer. Lol, you'll let contract reps roll out a drug when reps know the docs and the diabetes market?

Lol get real. Go do some work.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Any word on Women's Health??? Nuvaring gone by end of year...

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest