Layoffs Are Coming

Discussion in 'Merck' started by anonymous, Mar 8, 2017 at 8:13 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The company has half as many employees as it had ten years ago. All of those predictions didn't even come close to how bad it's really been. Oh, and you are a complete dumbass.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Exactly my point...we are already operating with such a small number. They can't cut any more.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Just observed that the notification for the corporate downsizing has been filedbwith the NJ Department of Labor, now official. You can pull up the website and read for yourself
    State saving your money!

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yeah right.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Merck is attempting to use its cash to buy new business opportunities and thus employ people to staff those endeavors. Those potential products, if they ever make it to market at all, are small-market products. Those sales forces will amount to very little.

In three years, Januvia will be goneā€¦.and so will at least half of the sales force. In other words, the bloodbath remains in full force for the foreseeable future.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Proving the information on this site is complete crap:

http://lwd.dol.state.nj.us/labor/lwdhome/warn/2017/warnindex.html

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Merck continues to cleanse itself of high cost labor. The Belsomra team is not safe. The Januvia team is not safe. The vaccine team is not safe. All of primary care is in for a treat. Lots of vacancies throughout the country are either not being backfilled or they are hiring reps straight out of school to get cheap labor. June 21st is rapidly approaching. Cannot wait to hear what is in store for us. My beloved Belsomra is not selling but I expect bags to change, and tenured reps to be shown the door. I have heard from contacts in headquarters that this is a very lean year for the company and we are desperately in need of extreme cost cutting. The solution is a dramatic overhaul to the sales force and a need to reduce the average cost per rep. As we lower cost per head we become more cost effective. I don't make much of a salary so I think I'll be safe. My husband works anyways so I'm fine with getting a severance package. Just tired of this limbo crap.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Reps never retire, they either are downsized or their position is eliminated via reorganization. If you have been with the company for 10 years or more, you will know what I mean. So save your money and plan for the day. It happens to everyone. This rep will keep collecting a paycheck until the day comes.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Collecting a check is all you do while producing nothing. Time for all you sloths to climb back into the trees. Fire you all, we don't need nor want you, slugs!

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

We've seen this play before...when the layoff drums and the rumor mill is this loud...then something not good is going to go down..

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You are nothing but dust in the wind.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You are correct, even with the Challenge Sales Model it will not save Zostavax or 20% of the vaccines sales force. The only question is what kind of a vaccine division does Merck want to have given the current line and the new competitive products...and how proactive alignment they are with the current mismanagement of the warehouse changes and the miss of hep A , B , prefilled syrines....... you know "things that are important "....

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Merck is constantly weighing its options. No surprise that layoffs will be happening soon. We are taking a huge hit from the cyber attack, screw ups with vaccines, litigation with Sanofi for RA biosim, Belsomra not getting it done, Januvia below where we expected, setbacks with a few critical Keytruda studies, etc. Surprisingly the layoffs haven't occurred yet, but they will! Perhaps the delay of Advair generic has given us a stay of execution for now.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

There will be no layoffs for at least 3-6 months, cant layoff without your HR systems on line!!! LOL!!!

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Christmas is coming too----five months from yesterday.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Did mommy calculate the days for you ?

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

people are jumping ship due to changes in the pension plan. My bet is that they are relying on those extra vacancies to help prevent paying out severance packages. Sit tight...the "layoff predictions" have been stronger ever since the horrific launch of Belsomra, but we are still here.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Awesome. They need to fire the jealous communist Bridgette Johnson.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Stay and take the severance; do not leave. You are crazy too. The econ is great; you will see life after Merck. Everyone else does.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Disagree, the last thing you want is a big check in one hand and a WARN notice in the other. Desperation sets in and you will bite at the first job offer that will be much less than you earn.