LaYOFFS COMING

Discussion in 'Genentech' started by anonymous, Aug 23, 2017 at 3:54 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Skin gone as of last week... lung next

great run guys

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

what happened to skin division? Too fat for revenues produced?

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I call BS. If and when there are layoffs, there will be a comment from senior leadership.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Don't forget, we have more work than we do people. They promised no layoffs.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I've heard this as well. Skin considering ending promotion since revenue is low and a hiring freeze in other parts of the company. We typically don't have layoffs since the number of people displaced can usually land other roles but with headcount seemingly getting tighter, doubtful that all will find a role (see Transplant, Pegasys and Boniva teams)...

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

makes sense since this is one of the laziest sales organizations in the industry

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Company can start with shrinking the HER2 footprint to one rep per territory. Never did make sense.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Why would you ever make a comment like this?
    No one wants anyone to lose their job...who hired you Mr. Compassionate?

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Self preservation, that's all and don't for a second say you'd give up your position so someone else can keep theirs. This downsizing has been looming for the past few years

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Any timeline with layoff rumor??

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Not a rumor, FACT!

750 reps now

450 at NSM

All the BS support roles gone!!!!

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

wow. Is that true? I wish all those affected by the layoffs, godspeed. Your gonna need it. Job market is brutal. Your not going to find any other companies providing Mercedes company cars. You'll be grateful with a Malibu...a gray one with standard equipment. Welcome to the real world. Good luck.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

750 now ? BS Nobody was let go and certainly they wouldn't do it at the NSM.
    Put the crack pipe down !

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Very true

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Your a jackass!! If your layoff numbers even close to being accurate it would account for nearly everyone in the sales force. PS job market for experienced oncology reps is solid and most would see a increase in salary.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Exactly. My bio onc experience is solid. My relationships with oncology receptionist is the best. They love my sweet treats and tell me that I'm a valued partner. Those, my friend, are transferrable skill sets. Oh yeah baby! I'm the boss!

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Dude... oncology reps aren't candy droppers or clowns for front desk receptionists. Easy on the hatorade, you are going to choke.