Layoffs due to Coronavirus

Discussion in 'Syneos Health' started by anonymous, Mar 12, 2020 at 4:20 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Bass season is over just like this industry and our jobs at Syneos.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

bass season might be over but football season is here.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Duck season

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Rabbit Season

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It’s furlough season.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Ever think there will be no lunches allowed anymore? A lot of offices have no food in vending machines, water fountains are off, microwaves off limits....then what’s even the purpose of the rep? Days are numbered....

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Syneos must have an incentive in their contract with Janssen to get paid additional money for hitting specific benchmarks. My manager wants us to have a certain number of calls in our iPad every week regardless if they are real or not. This is a house of cards ready to fall.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Entering fake calls is more money for syneos. This keeps the contract alive longer.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Covid will force Pharma to make long overdue changes. As we enter inflated call numbers we only hope this slows the pace of change so some of us can escape to another industry before we hit the unemployment lines.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Last week 95% of my calls were inflated. My manager turns a blind eye as his job depends on my call metrics being achieved.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Everyone needs to keep their call count high in Veeva! An extra few fake calls per day will keep our contracts going longer.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Life is miserable on this Janssen contract. I hate having to enter so many false calls to inflate my numbers, but that is the direction. My manager is more paranoid about losing his job than I am as he provides zero value, and needs the call numbers to be high to justify his job.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I couldn't agree more. I am so miserable as well I am actually hoping to get laid off. Luckily, my wife has a high paying, stable job.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

why not just quit? it’s not like they are going to give a severance package. maybe two weeks, if any

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If you quit you don’t get unemployment pay plus you burn your bridges with Syneos. I like Syneos, just not the Janssen contract.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

True. The only good thing about the janssen contract was the tease of getting a full time job at JnJ. That has been diminished after Covid started. This is the worst contract I have been on. They need to get us on another contract, or let us go with our 2 weeks severance + unemployment benefits.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Agree but I think we would get 6 weeks of severance. The people who were laid off last October received 6 weeks. And yes, this is the worst contract I have been on as well. They are back filling the Janssen positions but are not the Syneos ones until 'next year' I think we will be gone by the end of the year.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This tickled me

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I am hanging on for the severance package. This contract has been terrible, and I am ready for a fresh start.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

omg, me too. Poster # 71 said mid November. I am trying to hold on that long.