Layoffs in consumer

Discussion in 'Johnson & Johnson' started by anonymous, Mar 24, 2019 at 6:08 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Bill Weldon circa 2007, wasn’t it?

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

ROTFLMAO at anyone that thinks J&J is run well. Let me remind you of that when you've given 20+ years of faithful, hard work to this company but as soon as you hit the dreaded 45 years of age or older, they kick you out! Because don't think it won't happen to you to. It's happened to all of us!

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Winner! You have become too expensive. Time to be replaced by someone who will do your job for 2/3 the cost. Like crabs in a pot. No one gets out.

Psa to all from a sales professional who competes for my job everyday.

Know your value. Don’t give our wonderful company a discount on your services just because you are too scared to look and leave. That is the root of the problem at J&J. So many people want to work here because of the name and benefits. These ultra hungry will gladly take your spot for a pittance. They may actually be good at what you do. Leave. Go and get paid somewhere else while J&J chases away talent and replaces it with drones that are too scared to speak up. It’s a race to the bottom for pay scale at J&J. Time to get out while the labor market is strong. If you don’t believe me; go ask some of the newly minted ex J&J people who now call themselves Jabil.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

J&J is a stellar company. Everyone is trying to get hired here.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

half the shares

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Then find a new job at another company. This isn’t slavery. You can leave. If it’s so bad go someplace else. What’s that? You can’t because you’re not talented enough? You can’t because no other company will hire your lame ass? Oh... you don’t really want to leave. I’m confused. Why stay at a place you hate so much?

Here’s the one bad thing about transformation: good people get laid off while losers like you who really don’t want to be at J&J get to stay. Hopefully they’ll eliminate your position the next time. Then we’ll see how happy you are without a job. But you’ll bitch and moan and call J&J evil for letting you go EVEN THOUGH YOU HATE THE COMPANY. Do your f-ing job, shut the F up, and EARN the check that J&J gives you every other week you entitled prick!

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yeah, generally speaking you're not at J&J for the pay or you won't be here long if you do start to make money unless of course you're in senior management and then you're worth the silly $$ they get.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Vesting for half the grant

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

History repeating itself; the days of cushy lifetime JnJ pension-giving jobs are over; margins dropping, lawsuits cutting into profits, reputation taking a dive, JnJ is s former shell of itself. This is the result of previous bad decisions.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

my name is Peter and I work in Belgium. Glad I’m not working in Consumer. My job security and pay are awesome. Very proud of myself.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Articles online show LAX Rental Car project is breaking ground soon in the exact location of the plant. Knew it was closing, interesting to know the plan! Wonder how much LAX paid for that property?

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Speaking of cost cutting, has anyone ever performed an analysis of which levels of management spend the most travel money total and per employee? (30,31,40,41,+)

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

They have managed to keep it hush hush and out of the news...

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Interesting question...

I would say the higher the level, the higher the spend. In times of budget cuts, the lower levels (30, 31, etc.) have travel restrictions that need to be approved by the upper levels. Dig into this enough and you will get all sorts of smoke screens. Sensitive topic.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

yeah, as far as age discrimination goes, if they don’t fire you or eliminate your position, they harass you and give you multiple bad reviews, hoping you will leave or retire “on your own”

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Has anyone heard a closing date for the LA plant?

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

More cuts coming in Consumer. Major restructuring approved by the WorksCouncil and people are being notified slowly. No group seems to be working but instead gathering information and working on 2020 BP. Almost comical since the meetings I'm in the innovations are things we did 5 years ago or gave up on because the markets could not take the costs on. I just sit and smile...while I watch people being promoted for delivering ZERO outcomes.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Sad but true; lucky are the ones who quietly retired with a hefty pension and benefits package a few years ago, before the bad times started (right about when showman Alex took over)

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

any more cutbacks in NJ? Heard a rumor. Wonder if anyone else did