Layoffs in Jan - Confirmed

Discussion in 'Bristol-Myers Squibb' started by JLT, Dec 23, 2019 at 10:53 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Want to work with a moron? Join the above poster and the BMS crew

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Looks like a bit closer than January

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

No layoffs in Oncology this year, maybe middle next. I know of 3 new territories where reps are onboarding next week. I hear 3-5 are starting week after next. And there are openings just posted on website. Even though BMS has done some shady things, I don't see them starting 10-12 reps, just to lay them off in January. We are counting on new indications and offices opening back up next year. If one of those things don't happen, then yeah cuts will happen.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What makes you think new people would be the ones to get cut?

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

They should cut the idiots who can’t even pronounce the disease states correctly.....

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Where are 3-5 starting next week? What role were they hired for? And is their salary about half of some of those worthless ones that are going to get cut?

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I see lots of former Celgene folks leaving recently (Aug-Sep-Oct 2020). Knowing most of them as smartasses - it is hard to believe they are not getting packages. Did they find out some catch in agreement that allows them to claim package?

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Um...er...Yes! And I am one of ‘em...

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Tell us more!!!

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

There is no doubt something in the agreement to purchase Celegene that stops Bristol from withholding any benefit from them that legacy BMS reps get for the first year. they may even be contractually obligated to pay them for a full years salary no matter when they leave.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Please share. Hint at least :)

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Still waiting to hear where these "3-5 people that are starting" are located.....

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I can think of multiple reps in my area in Oncology who are actually worthless. Just play the game. Guess that's all this is. A game. Cause it sure as heck isn't consultative selling in 2020 or beyond. New indications or not, there is no real need for more reps. Only a simplistic sales model that has too long been in place. Oncologists only need particular things from the manufacturing entity AND those things could be provided by the manufacturing company at a cost savings to U.S. PATIENTS. But, a system of blind, scaled GREED drives this.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So the trimming has started....where will it end

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It won’t end. Welcome to celg 2.0. Second layer mgmt (most new) all terrible, out of their depth. Mass exodus in RWC.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Guess who is going? Mid January.....
    Notices will be soon, final day early 2021

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Insane turnover too. People can’t leave fast enough.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

They are trying to get jobs ahead of the mass layoffs. It’s a gamble which company to go to

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Rumor is more site closures

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Listen...you’re a freakin sales rep and about as valuable as a sanitation engineer. BMS will be fine without you morons. Go away with your BS degree and irrational sense of value.