Layoffs Last Week

Discussion in 'BioHorizons' started by Anonymous, Jul 2, 2012 at 7:01 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Who cares BioHorizons is and always will be a second tier company with ok products. Everyone knows that Steve Bogan and the rest of the redneck crew at the home office are just waiting for some sucker to drink enough bs LaserLok coolaid and buy the shithole....

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

All but 1 (Upstate NY) were tenured reps that were under performing there peers in the same region.

Most sales people lose desire for their job after 7-8 or yrs.... Then they HAVE to go. Can't have guys talking about "the good ole days"

I could name several seasoned reps that are producing that are happy!!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not true, all weren't doing so well & the passion for the job wasn't there any longer.
    Name 1 that was doing well? Can't do it, can you!

Quit posting if you don't know what the f*** you're talking about.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"Quit posting if you don't know what the f*** you're talking about."

What doe that have to do with anything?

What are the odds Harper lasts until Xmas?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How about the reps in the NYC marketplace. Any shake ups there??

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes, got a call from a recruiter ths week. Can anyone shed some honest feedback about the company, $$, culture etc.?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They are for sale- risky career move. Corporate culture is great. Nice reps and mgt. Primarily a GP implant tho.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you don't sell you are gone. If you are not a hunter then go home, we don't want you.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ok the last poster is a little over the top but there has been a significant change in how the sales force is going to be managed. The layoffs were simply if you were below x you were gone. It was kind of frightening considering there were reps let go that made plan last year and six months later gone. It is a great company to work for don't get me wrong but you do have to hustle and hunt no question.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

A great company to work for???? WTF are you talking about? You think a "great company" fires their top reps from the previous year just because they were off to a slower start the following year? That is scary as hell as an employee in that environment. This is their 3rd big layoff in the last 3 1/2 years. That isn't a "great company".

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not a major player or one of the systems in the running mentally by key surgeons when they consider switching.

Most of the market for this system are GP's in the mid-range of price....undifferentiated surface and prosth. Low usage, lot of hand-holding.

Sell "Laser-Lok" as advantage but it doesn't have clinical advantage over top systems.

Large territories that frustrate you when you're x-d out of the top dog's offices.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm so glad I quit them. It felt so good to leave. I weathered their first two layoffs, but I wasn't going to work any longer for such a poorly managed company.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Look there were a couple that I did not agree with, that aside, the others were completely justified. In any other company it would have happened a lot sooner and everyone with a clue knows it.

3rd BIG layoff in 3.5 years???? 1st was back in 09 when the economy fell of a cliff and then last month's cleaning house. When the hell did the 3rd one happen??

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

1. Two weeks before Christmas was the first (Dec 2008)
    2. 4 months after that was the second wave
    3. Last Months Layoff

Seems pretty cut and dry to me.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Moron, getting rid of 5 of 65 reps isn't a "GIANT LAYOFF" especially when they are filling the positions. Also, the company had virtually zero turnover in 2010 and 2011.

Most Medical companies are lucky if the turnover is under 15% a yr.
    Those are the facts!

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

65 reps??? Bullshit. They cut back to under 30 after the double layoffs in 2008 and 2009. No way they doubled the salesforce since then.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The sales force has not been below 30 since 2005, you jackass

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There were 62 a couple months ago, just added 6 or 7 more

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Inside people were let go as well the 8 outside reps.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just sad to see good people that worked hard and gave so much to this company for no loyalty in return. Management is piss poor and if you do not sell you are gone. Mark Neri days of team work and appreciation are over.

Carl Misch V was 100% to quota for the quarter. Most knowledgeable rep in the company. Closed larger deals than anyone else in the company. People felt threatened by him constantly and had to deal with professional jealously all of the time.

Bruce was laid off as a regional manager hired back as a rep and then laid off again.

Seth partnered with Pat Allen and not only worked the course but continually made goals while his manager cut off pieces of his territory every couple of months.

Rob was a previous manager with Biohorizons that took a rep role and not only was a team player but also hit his goals.

Doug was also a previous manager with Biohorizons that was the best team player the company had.

Connie knew everything about dental and helped so many people out while working her territory and over achieving.

These reps were cut because their base pay were higher than everyone else and it helped Bio cut costs. Managers also felt threatened by their tenure, experience, and their leadership skills. Many were actually more qualified for management than they were.

Bottom line is HPC wants to sell to Medtronics and since goals are NOT being met they cut costs to make the numbers look better. HPC ruined this company.