Layoffs Next Week

Discussion in 'Sage Therapeutics' started by anonymous, Mar 25, 2020 at 4:14 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

#thisissage

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I just hate how corporate tried to make people who asked about a few weeks ago about a retention bonus defended Sage as the best biotech company in the world! What are you smoking? And then 2 weeks later we need to shed $200 million? Now you know why the field call you corporate BS when we see it or hear because you will lie to us all the way down the rope until we are lynched for layoffs...so next time you work for another company try and be real and transparent instead of continuing posting #thisissage

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Severance along with Warren Act which is 60 days will only be an additional month so for a total of 3 months and max 4 months depending on years of service so April-June 30th for most employees and for longer tenured its April-July 31st. Sorry it couldn’t be longer but the company has to shed a whole lot of money and we have to get employees off the books ASAP and we are trying to balance not just dropping you in the curb so this is the best we can do. So start looking yesterday...

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

https://www.confortolaw.com/layoffs-warn-act.html

Massachusetts WARN info

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

#thankserin

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Don’t you think they will claim this is due to natural disaster and be exempt from the WARN act:
    1. Natural Disaster: This exception also applies to mass layoffs and plant closings and exempts business downturns caused by a natural disaster (e.g., flood, earthquake, drought, or major storm).

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I personally don’t think so. Not to mention earnings were released before Covid-19 was a known threat.

I think they’ll do the best they can, considering circumstances. Sh*t happens. We should be glad to be in pharma and not just cut off at the knees like other industries.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Excellent point!

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Not next week

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

April 8 or April 9? There is a monthly national sales team call, that’s been on the schedule, on April 8...

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The frustration of waiting. Torture!

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Don't be frustrated. Actually if you think about it, hopefully you'll hear later rather than sooner especially with Coronavirus going on at the moment.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Please STAY CALM and listen to Taylor Swift.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Listening to nails against a chalkboard will calm me more than that crap. Get out of here, troll!

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

do y’all prefer Kelly Clarkston?

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Dust off your resumes folks, this is going to be brutal.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Are we sure it’s next week? I know there’s a calendar hold but that doesn’t mean much.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Believe so

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Any ideas on how this is all going to play out?