Layoffs OBU

Discussion in 'Shire' started by anonymous, Sep 25, 2018 at 7:04 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

They were all in the west zone I believe

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

False

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Hahahaha - what a bunch of drama queens in the OBU. Here’s the deal. There were 4 (yes 4) territories eliminated because theres not enough business or opportunity to justify a territory. How can this be a surprise? We all know there are fluff territories in the OBU. I’ve been through this before. If there were more they would have done it at the same time. All this “blood bath” talk just proves how stupid people are. By the way, “why didn’t they tell “you”? Because it’s none of your business drama queen. If you were going to be downsized you would have gotten the call too. If this bothers you, makes you cry at night, or gives you the runs, YOU need to leave! Good luck and you better change industries. Welcome to Pharma 2018 and beyond.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Then why were the territories not the very low volume ones? It was a bad decision to not mention it on yesterday’s calls. Did they think we wouldn’t find out? Are they too stupid to know that’s not the transparency they keep promising? Certainly they are aware of all the rumors, the lack of motivation and the fear among the sales organization, so why not explain it while they have everyone on calls so panic does not set in. Yes people were downsized. Also several quit making it all feel worse.
    If this DOESNT bother you, you have no heart, soul, or compassion for others- people who did not know what was coming and have lost their income. If it doesn’t bother you that management continues to LIE while promising transparency you are part of the problem in this division, this company, and frankly, this industry.
    I have worked my ass off to keep my territory in growth mode in a declining dry eye market.. I live in hotels and put way over 1000 Miles weekly on my tires. I have years in this industry. Don’t presume that I or anyone else here is crying, but we certainly are concerned. And should be. Lay offs are tough on everyone. They affect us all.
    Lighten up. Your life will be better for it.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Nicely stated. I’m in your camp. I take no pleasure in hearing anyone lose their job, even our Allergan competitors last January. I hate how reps are always the first cut for $ savings when we are the sole, front-line, customer facing revenue generators.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I agree as well. It’s none of our business, but in the spirit of “transparency” we should have been given a update. All this does is create MORE distrust with current leadership and a perfect example of the sad culture we have at Shire. There is no drama queen BS here, it’s just about doing the right thing and communicate with the Salesforce. Honestly the original poster that said we were “drama queens” sounds like a Rd or even a ZD. You know the self righteous type with small mans syndrom.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Like HZ the bully

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

There is a lot more fluff than 4 territories. Wake up! Whoever has Xiidra in 2019 will have a salesforce half the size we are now. Wake up!

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Amen to that!

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

They don’t owe you shit! It’s a J.O.B. Get over yourself

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

RDs and zDs made the decisions on which territories to cut.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Hey dullard! Ever think more than one step beyond an issue? No?

They have slowly been letting go of reps to get around the WARN Act.

Damn, you must be just the worst in person. They will slow bleed until the final cut wherein those people will get a severance.

They are truly skirting the WARN Act, bunch of dull eyed cud chewers...

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

100% true...trying to get around the Warn act..super shady.
    But, can we be surprised?

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What a bunch of dumbasses in the OBU. They aren’t doing layoffs. As you idiots run for the greener pastures to sell generic eye meds - they just don’t replace you and cut your territory. Pretty smart really. Great way to get rid of sub par reps and get to a normal sales size.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

While I don’t like it - you’re right.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

“They” may not do layoffs but Takeda will. Everyone knows we have way too many reps in OBU.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yes Takeda will. Anyone that has spent any time in eye care knows we have way to many reps.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

RDs and ZDs are already meeting to decide which territories to cut. My zone analyst spilled the beans. More to come. Get ready.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

They should start with cutting the Market Development people. Waste of money.