Layoffs-Reduction in pay-Furlough

Discussion in 'GlaxoSmithKline' started by anonymous, Mar 28, 2020 at 10:08 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Post#13 and #20 both nailed it! And only a TAM would understand. And I agree that the home office person chose that line of work. You guys are rarely laid off if ever. Reps live under that uncertainty at all times. And it's not fault of our own. Just look at the DTG hiring debacle. Everyone sees it for what it is. You can spin it however you want. Put's great TAMs at risk. So yes, I feel for you, but again, blame leadership and grow a spine! Push back against these type of decisions!

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

There is no question there will be layoffs. GSK is not interested in paying hundreds of millions to people not in the field. Sorry it is over. My guess you will have downsizing in a matter of weeks. This Vaca isn’t lasting much longer. Additionally, access to Dr’s and hospitals well that’s over too, They will not be letting you back even if this is suddenly resolved (it won’t be) so if I were you I’d be looking to find something else quickly. You’ll get severance but that will run out too. It is tragic, but the way it goes sometimes. 911 many in the airlines let go, this time around it’s your turn. Good luck.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

LMFAO!!!! I've just got to laugh!! Thanks for the insight! You realize that almost every pharma company, ours included is seeing a spike in sales? Were you unaware of that? Those with chronic conditions are having providers prescribe 3 months worth of meds. As samples run out, patients the were subsidized now have to fill prescriptions. This is not speculation, it's a fact. This has been noted on MSNBC as well as on leadership calls (which you should have been on). So while layoffs will come at some point. (3 months, 6 months, or next year). It will be because a re-org was already in the works. You really need to give it a rest. My side is still hurting from laughing at your weak attempt to frighten people. LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Do you know how many vacant territories rank high enough for winners circle? Most do. You see it is over chum. You'll not be allowed back in, bank on it!

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Interesting that you’re saying home office people signed up to have to work while dealing with a pandemic that includes sick family members and kids without school, daycare or the ability to go outside. I don’t think any of us signed up for this so it’s a shame that people fail to have compassion during this time. I sincerely hope you do not tell your provider and nurses that they signed up to provide care without adequate protection or that the wait staff at restaurants signed up for reduced hours where only takeout or delivery is available. Just like you did not sign up to have to do virtual calls to Doctor’s offices when they are swamped trying to handle a pandemic. I have understanding and compassion for the difficult situation that you have been put in. Perhaps you should try doing the same for others.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Keep laughing past the grave yard stupid! You'll be done soon enough.

Coronavirus job losses could total 47 million, unemployment rate may hit 32%, Fed estimates
    PUBLISHED MON, MAR 30 202011:40 AM EDT

Fed research showing 66.8 million workers in “occupations with high risk of layoff.” They are sales, production, food preparation and services. Other research also identified 27.3 million people working in “high contact-intensive” jobs such as barbers and stylists, airline attendants, and food and beverage service.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Whahaaaaa haaaaa haaa! Whew! Your killing me #24! Hysterical! You've missed your calling. You should take up stand up comedy. "bank on it". Ha ha ha ha ha!! Hilarious! Ok, based on your scare tactics, which are driven by your own insecurities and most likely unemployment status, you're saying an entire section of the pharmaceutical industry will be history in two weeks? ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!LMFAO!!!! on the ground rolling hysterically!!!! ha ha ha ha!!! Look "chum", if your going to try and spread falsehoods in order to frighten employees, you need to make it a little more beliveable. Oh how I wish I could take bets on your forecast. Hey, Ive got time. Give us more of your comedic predictions. While your at it, give us specific dates. Let us know how all of those affiliated with sales will be impacted? You know, reps, FLLs, RSDs, SVPs, etc. How about marketing or the analytics department? Without sales people to manage or forecast for what will they do? Dude...aheemm...chum, you are a moron!

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yeah I bet your laughing. Ha ha ha. That is why you respond. You are scared and trying to keep your peeps calm. As the Titanic sank, the band played on. You must be a horn blower.. You keep laughing now.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

we are all laughing at you. you’re used to it you crazy unemployed clown.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

#28. Ok, I stopped laughing. You set me straight. What did you say, that our jobs will be gone in a month? I guess I'll let the family know. Useless keeping them in the dark. It's over. No job. No benefits. It's all gone. We'll lose the house. Where will we go? What will we do? Wait. We've got you! You are the all knowing! The all powerful! You have managed to navigate your life and career better than anyone we know. You'll help us..right? Tell us master, what do you do for a living? How might we follow in your footsteps? Please, help us! Oh wait, I was dreaming. HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!! Go back to your mama's basement! HA HA HA HA LMFAO!!!!!!!! HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!! Whew!! wait sec... LMFAO!!!! HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!! Such an idiot!!! Beyond stupid! I should let you be but I can't. Morons like you need to be called out! I've got nothing but time Gomer. LMFAO!!!!!

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

That won’t happen. If unemployment goes to 32%, there would be a run on banks and complete meltdown/anarchy. The Feds would implement public works programs and force food companies to feed the masses before it got that bad.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yes, get a life. We've heard this for years. So sorry you were laid off. I really am. But you need to get a life..and a job. Tons of companies hiring. All industries. Everyone sees what you are up to. You are embarrassing yourself.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

with or without pay?

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Looking the Bureau of Labor & Statistics web site. The recent glut of jobless claims are coming from the hospitality and services industries. People working in restaurants, hotels, amusement facilities etc. And there are a lot of those.. However, healthcare, Business services, Agriculture, Education and Government jobs are fairing well. So, to the individual who is trying to perpetuate doom & gloom, that's all he/she is doing..perpetuating. Kinda sad as their actions are meant to bring sadness and fear. Not sure what they get out of that? Very sad.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Please, you are not part of healthcare, you are a glorified caterer. Zero science background, collecting signatures, feeding people. Keep on hoping the providers will let you back in, they won’t, try a virtual sales call, see how well that is received. Hahaha.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You are a pathetic individual. I feel sorry for you. God bless you and I hope you can find peace and happiness.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

How about that, I feel sorry for you too.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Really? Why? I'm doing just fine. We are doing just fine. You my sad friend, have a lot of mental and emotional issues. I really want to help you. Can you share with us why you feel compelled to give your negative views and opinions? What's in it for you?

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Thanks Dr. Phil, I feel better already. You should do this kind of therapy with your sales force; They’re going to need it.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You didn't answer Dr. Phils question. What to get get by spreading negativity? Why would you take the time to log into a site and spread worry to people? Even though your attempts are weak, why would you do it? Seem to me you have low self confidence. Not too sure of yourself. Probably a lazy self entitled individual who try's to make themselves feel better by making others feel worse. You are a piece of scum in my opinion. A human piece of debris. Your a tough guy on the anonymous platform. In reality, just a weak pi$$ ant. Get a life.