Layoffs?

Discussion in 'Ethicon Device' started by Anonymous, Jul 18, 2012 at 1:45 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ethicon employees will know the new company structure end of July then the hammer comes down August 9th??? Is that accurate??
    Word on the street is that Endo reps did not receive any communication about all of this. Does that mean that Inc and Women's Health are the ones being laid off??

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Haha nice try...the email from Tim schmid want out to all of global surgery. Also, don't get your hopes up..there will be very few if any layoffs. Your job is changing but you will still have a job.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

By the way if that's what you got out of the email then you have very poor reading comprehension skills...aug 9th is when very one finds out what the new structure looks like. Following that, the changes will be cascaded down level by level so that management at each level decided who does what jobs.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I know managers are very worried. There is no way we can combine all these companies and not lay off some of the managers. Tim Schmidts announcement of his leadership team will tell us a lot (I hope). We'll at least know how some of the people are divided up. If we have a VP of sales for endo, suture etc.....

I've been checking out the Covidien board and it looks like they are going through the samething. The industry is definately changing. Unfortunately, this old dog is too old to hunt any where else so I'll be sticking if I can.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yeah, managers are toast. The majority of them will be gone. Especially the EWHU managers.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This thread is pretty quiet after the big town hall in cincinnati today........I guess we are all feeling the same disillusionment. The continued wait to find out what the real changes are has been cruel and inhumane.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Something has been said to someone cause my manager who has always been an ass, has become and even great dick within the last week. I'm just praying they offer him an out and his replacement isn't quite as bad. I'm so sick of the back-stabbing, self-promoting a@@holes around here. 99% of the people are great to work with but that 1% can make life miserable.

Town Hall was at bad time for me. I didn't get to see it. I just assumed it would be an hour of not really saying anything. Was I right?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They have been putting a lot of pressure on reps and letting reps go via PIP the past few months. Reps that have been at Ethicon or JNJ for years. It is very strange what's going on here. I'm sure it's all a waiting game until August 9th. The managers on the other hand are completely out of control/complete freak out mode.
    only time will tell...few more weeks guys!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you know it's coming, why would you wait for someone to control your career like this. Don't you know if you have any value outside of J&J? When the hammer falls, you will be competing with everyone else with the same skillset in the marketplace. Take a little bit of control of your life. It's okay to do that. Good luck on Aug 9. May want to use up your vacation before then.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

what is PIP?

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I think the above poster is referring to a performance plan. When there is lack of sales results, this is the formal way to get the rep 1. Back on track or 2. Let them go

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you are layed off and still have vacation time, do they add that vacation time to your severance? I didn't know that they would be lost.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How old are you? Did you take any English classes? Correct your spelling and grammar before posting in the future, just makes you look like a r*****.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Really...was it really worth you posting something so stupid like this? If you don't want to or can not answer the question, shut the f up, a-hole. The poster's concern is a valid one. Your post is the only absurd thing here.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

agreed!

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

PIP = Performance Improvement Plan

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

why would they put anyone on plan if they plan on laying off people this year?? makes no sense

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So they don't have to pay the severance. If they fire you b/c you did not meet plan it's better for their bottom line than writing a check when they lay you off.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's because there will not be layoffs..our jobs are changing but we will still have jobs

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I don't believe this is true. To my knowledge those who are put on a PIP and are then let go still get the severance. If you defraud the company or a customer the company can choose to not give you the severance. If you are let go due to layoffs or inability to meet the requirements of your job I believe you still get the severance.