Layoffs

Discussion in 'Amgen' started by anonymous, Sep 21, 2017 at 2:09 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Ok, I've got some news for you guys. Take it for what it's worth but this comes from a pretty in-the-know source very close (and I mean very!) to A.H. The plan is for a two-round lay-off of just under 1000 jobs. Not sure if this is ATO or worldwide. Round 1 November 3rd. Round 2 November 24th. Seems like they're switching up layoff day from Wednesdays to Fridays now? Not sure of the reason for this. I wasn't comfortable probing anymore than I did. Also hearing of a huge shake-up re: the board of directors.

Anyway, just a heads up.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

"Just under 1000" LOL sorry try again. Try doubling that number and you'll just begin to be in the ballpark. That's the reason for the multiple layoff dates which is about the only thing that I can confirm about your post. As for the big shake-up on the board of directors? Not sure where u got that.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Don't forget about EH&S...they never have been subject to this stuff

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Nov 24? During Thanksgiving? If in the US, most people won't even be in the office that day. Doesn't make sense.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It doesn't make sense because it's fake news from some moron non-native speaker who doesn't understand US holidays.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Stop spreading bigger lies to top off the lie this guy with the Nov. 24th lie just posted.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You losers have been posting about possible layoffs for 4 years. It's not happening. Amgen is in great shape. The Neuroscience division will rise us to the top again. Enbrel is still over a 4 billion dollar drug and costs little to make. Amgen is poised for even greater earnings. The Inventiv few were laid off and that's it.

A few Amgen got laid off 4 years ago, but that's it. Amgen rarely lays off.

Too many reps are bitter and disgruntled. You don't know how good you have it here.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

How do you like sucking semen koolaid?

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It could be that the Nov 24 date refers to employees not in the US ?

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Maybe those who still have not heard anything will not be affected. I cannot say for sure. But some of us who will be, already heard about it and our senior managers are meeting with their supervisors on Wednesday Nov 3. Several groups meeting with their supervisors like that over a short period of time is normally what announces unpleasant decisions, basically who stays and who goes. I have heard overall numbers, but I do not know if they are reliable or not. However, I do know that our group (and others) will be the talk at these Wednesday meetings and in all likelihood it will not be good. No need to schedule meetings to pat each other on the back.

Considering that I have been around several years, I cannot even be too upset as one's arse is always on the chopping "board" in this day and age and some former colleagues fared worse in years past. It is never pleasant though. Maybe it is the beginning of a new adventure: stable employment is a very rare commodity these days.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Re: "You losers have been posting about possible layoffs for 4 years. It's not happening..... "
    This person is a moron, and goes on to claim the most recent layoff was 4 years ago. There was a big layoff in 2014, which was about 2900 people and in addition to being larger than the 2007 layoff, the 2014 RIF was concentrated almost totally in the US The truth is there are also smaller layoffs every couple years, in additional to the major ones like 2007 and 2014.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

November 3rd isn’t a wednesday lol.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You really laugh with nothing, don't you. You must be a comedian's dream come true. It is a Friday, but that is when the troops will be notified.. Wednesday November 1st is when the directors will.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The layoff was at the end of 2013-beginning of 2014. That's almost 4 years ago. We've not had layoffs since. And any more recent layoffs have not been AMGEN reps. They've been Inventiv reps. Again, that poster is correct--no Amgen layoffs, for the most part, in almost 4 years.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Nearly 500 Amgen Inc. employees in Thousand Oaks are expected to be reassigned, relocated or laid off throughout the next year and a half.

That was March 2017 loser. Know your facts you dumb rep from a shitty state school.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

There is more than reps at Amgen, isn't there? So layoffs affect other workers besides sales reps.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

"The layoff was at the end of 2013-beginning of 2014. That's almost 4 years ago. We've not had layoffs since. And any more recent layoffs have not been AMGEN reps. They've been Inventiv reps. Again, that poster is correct--no Amgen layoffs, for the most part, in almost 4 years."

WRONG -- the poster is incorrect. Clearly you have not worked for Amgen, to be so uninformed.
    The most recent major RIF was announced in July 2014 (2900 people) and began with the VTP (voluntary). The involuntary portion of that 2014 RIF was carried out in October of 2014 when most people were notified, and continued on into 2015. In addition the Onyx site was also announced for closure in 2015.
    In 2017 a smaller layoff was announced of 500 people.

So no, it was not "almost 4 years" in any sense either. The closest you can get to that would be 3.3 years.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

oh puhhhhhhleeze. 3.3 years--4 years. close enough.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Must be someone in sales, where 3 = 4

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It is ridiculous that the problem of layoffs has become one of whether it is more like 3 or 4 years since the last layoffs. And what happened of the roughly 500 people who were let go earlier this year? They do not count, they are chopped liver?! Sometimes one has to wonder....