Layoffs

Discussion in 'Labcorp' started by anonymous, Oct 11, 2018 at 10:25 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

250 gone

What happened to the 35 year employee?

Have some class.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This is a reaction to the huge United/pull through business LCA will be losing very soon. Just wait until after Q1 of 2019. It will be a blood bath.

MAL likes this.
  3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

"Blood Bath?" Hardly. Talked to friends at Quest and they are panicking that early word is most customers don't want to switch. They have had many CCs that have echoed this feeling. Wait and see. We will be fine.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Seriously? What are you smoking? There is no such thing as brand loyalty in this business.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Are you high? If patients can go to either it’s just plain math that says LCA loses. Wake up.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Everyone hates both Quest and LabCorp. Now they both have UHC. They both screw up results. They both have billing issues. Big deal. No advantage for either company.

7. MAL

MAL new user

Not true a lot can’t wsit to switch

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Hey stupid here’s a news flash for you....United is the largest Healthcare Provider in the United States. Quest will gain some of those patients that were going to LCA. Quest wins LCA loses. Pretty obvious.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This is the dumbest thread.
    We are going to lose business, we will gain business, we will lose business, we will gain business,
    See the pattern?
    This will continue forever.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I agree a blood bath is likely. This is not an organization that values loyalty and never looks beyond the short term. Heads will be rolling.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This leadership team can't lead their people out of a wet paper bag! They have to ponder for half a day on where to go for lunch!

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

when was the last time the largest insurance in the USA was up for grabs? No this is not your average loss. LCA is freaking about about what is going to happen January 1.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Well you know what? Now you can't hide behind the UHC exclusive, You're going to have to work now. Think you can handle it? You act like you're at a disadvantage. You're not. It's just a level playing field. Grow up!

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

layed off an SME in Columbus, Ohio today...

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Again, the NC has proved how important the almighty dollar is compared to servicing our customers. All the folks that they have let go are going to be such supporters of Labcorp! Losing a major payer should be the least of it’s problems! Most of us should ban together on how poorly we really treat our customers and the fourth quarter shutdown is a perfect example! Sales Strategy for fourth quarter same every year- see you in January customers!!!

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

more may be coming for Kentucky and West Virginia!

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

We as a company can no longer hide the fact that we have a group of clueless people running this ship (into the ground)! I will take customers over this bunch any day. They will stab us all in the backs in a heartbeat which they have been proving constantly. I have no desire to leave the company anytime soon but corporate has to realize that this division is in a tailspin. We don’t have to tell this to our customers. THEY ALREADY KNOW!

Mercy2019 likes this.
  18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I know! How dumb is it in the fourth quarter to tell our customers that we are being fiscal responsible and we can’t travel to service them and at the same time show record profits! That will help us keep customers. Last right of refusal is a joke and so is my division’s leadership, or lack thereof.....

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Any word on how sweeping the January layoffs were? I have heard a lot of good people (old and new) were forced out.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This thing is far from over. Sales numbers will hit and the damage control will really kick in! This bunch of clowns don’t have a clue on how to manage any situation so all they can do is let good people go. Do they think that this will help?Now you will still be losing money with clients wondering what’s going on and I guarantee that many of my former colleagues will take their customers with them. Like management has always said, ‘it’s about relationships!’ That is true but unfortunately for Labcorp, it is the field people that have the relationships, NOT THE COMPANY. I will spend time finding OTHER labs for my customers before I let LCA railroad them!