Leadership Compentencies...WTF?

Discussion in 'Quintiles' started by Anonymous, Jul 10, 2015 at 1:49 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Does anyone else look at the 'Leadership Competencies' used in the review process and ask "what the f&*%ing hell does that mean?"

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

We are going the Quincenture route (our version of Accenture). At least thats how I read TP in town halls and on management updatee calls. I'd like to understand it more so that perhaps I can figure out how or if I can fit in. But aside from that. very little info. Another all hands call in IT this week, and again, no new news aside from announcing CTO. The divide between groups continues and no one seems to know when this ends. I do miss Dennis G and his style of leadership.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It wont get better under current IT leadership. I suggest you look for something new, like many are already doing.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You and I both realize Leadership competencies just get dropped as they do the triumvirate or cabal for year end goal scoring. It is the same with year-end goals. I had full confidence the 2s, 3s and 4s were handed out not on meeting goals but more on how:
    1. Close to RTP
    2. Your direct supervisor's level of grace with Sr Mgmt
    3. How many 2s and 4s sr mgmt decided your group was deserving

Mid-Years have no value other than to identify those for the slaughter/RIF

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Bingo. It truly is a numbers game. It is so tied to the bonus I cant see them moving away from this.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There's no doubt that AM will be as unethical in his mid/end of year processes as he has been with budget cuts, hiring freezes, promotions, etc.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Definitely. EH group will be forced to pay the price for huge misses in JnJ delivery. JJ team missing sales targets by wide margins, they too will see more 1's/2's. new CISO group likely many 3's. AM's group will be interesting to watch. He will have to balance out but his pets will take the lion's share of 4's. It will likely be a popularity contest and not based on contribution.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Whats left of the CISO group. The smart or ones who were too realistic are gone. But betcha it is true

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Maybe the J&J outcome will be a silver lining for the rest of the organization. With everyone associated with it getting a 1 or 2, there will be plenty of 3s to go around.

As for management competencies, I might just put down that none are required, refer to senior management for examples.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have been here 7.5 years and never seen people talk so openly about leaving. My boss has been great to me but this is just no information on what's next for us.. Stuck in support mode and not much work to do.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

AM is all about secrecy. Giving information to the underlings inspires free thinking which weakens the dictatorship.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

To be fair, he does selectively share info. But it's a different spin with each of us. (Yes we do talk with one another so we're aware). Hard to be collaborative when he has us all working on pieces of the same project and it feels like he is just testing us

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yup, we do talk and it shouldn't take a group of people with different spins on the same information to put a picture together.
    It's hard to feel like a valued part of an organisation when you get one line requests & attempts to clarify are perceived as belligerence.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"Heinlein's Razor" I think. AM's mangement is normal for a executive that is out of thier depth and floundering or maybe he is just a malicious b**stard

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I would vote for the latter as his experience of GM would be global. But add in a measure of not understanding Bio-Pharma as well. And what do you get? AM

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is where I struggle. I have seen exhibit manners that RT would never exhibit (like letting me finish a thought). But I have also seen him deliberately create unnecessary division. It feels like at times I am playing in a hunger games episode with my teammates.

I'd like to think he is just out of his depth but I am keenly aware of who hired him.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I gave him the benefit of the doubt for months, thinking he was just a GM dinosaur. Buy, no, definitely malice. I've seen him very deliberately lie to myself and others. And have definitely seen the hunger games mentality.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I am handing in my resignation tomorrow morning. I have enjoyed most of my 6+ years at Q, but I cannot continue to put my career on hold while things play out in IT. Best wishes to everyone and much success.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

did you turn it in?

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Knowing how Q does such a good job at communicating change and departures, The statement may not be realized or known for weeks for most of us. So who knows...