Leadership Compentencies...WTF?

Discussion in 'Quintiles' started by Anonymous, Jul 10, 2015 at 1:49 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

There are so many leaving that I usually find out when I see presence unknown on IM or an email bounces back. I remember just a few years back managers would sometimes get the team together, say a few words, or do something to recognize. Its a revolving door now

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

When it happened to me I had to contact vendors that I had open issues with and explain why they were suddenly not getting any emails from me about issues we had been working on for months. People within Q knew that "presence unknown" means only one thing, no matter what HR, managers, etc . . . tell you.

One thing that really annoyed me was the official word (in as much as there ever was official word) in Q was that they had got rid of the dead wood this time around. That phrase was mentioned several times by different management units, so it clearly came from a script or from RT or one of his people.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Many companies will cut people from time to time. I dont think they always cut the right people, but usually there is some sort of strategy and it's a part of doing business. But in IT here at Quintiles there is no strategy. There is no communication. It's death by a thousand cuts. It was started by RT and it's been continued by AM. Drip drip drip cuts for years. It's terrible for morale and IMHO it's one cause why we are seeing higher attrition. But as long as RT cons his way to the best places to work in IT its all good, right?

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Managers are actually instructed by HR and IT Sr leadership not to send emails alerting business partners that someone has left. Complete BS.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

HR is complicit. There were complaints when AM brought in his henchman bff from GM in on contract. This person immediately tears into operations and used phrases in meetings like "if you are going to 'survive' AM you have to blah blah blah" A major wtf moment for some of us. Just a few months earlier RT is saying we are the envy of other organizations and then we find ourselves in survival mode. That message was reinforced by AM himself in his mini town halls. Expect nothing from HR as that unit seems to exceed even IT in dysfunction. Total void in leadership

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

AM talks out of both sides of his mouth. Q IT can be both world class and archaic in one day depending on which story suits his purpose. I've seen some bad leaders in my time at the Q but he is the absolute worst ever. No scruples.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

AM is a dinosaur and disconnected with trends in technology. He is banking everything on the new people he hires. DC seems like a good guy but it's early and he reports to the dinosaur. The person who is most responsible for this mess is RT. He is a charlatan. When it suits his needs he tells us how great we are. But he has instructed AM to cut cut cut. Well he has his lifetime achievement award now but I think he'd miss his very special friend in the business if he left so he's hanging around. And I'm sure many of you know who I'm referring to.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

RT is complicit in that he's turned the business over to AM, but the cuts aren't coming from him. RT is holding AM to beginning of the year budget, therefore AM has to make cuts to fund his new exec hires and pet projects. And he's helping fund the princess too since whatever wrongs she exposes he can then use to justify brining in even more of his old buddies.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I was glad to see that we were beefing up security. And princess came with all the experience and credentials from major players . But she has under achieved. Sure she did make a case and got budget. But that's her only win. Her boys have not produced and they want more $$$. But no engagement with us lowly delivery teams. Doubt she will last. From what I hear she is hating the RT style (who doesn't?)

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Guarantee that AM's boys won't produce either, just like he hasn't. 9 months in he still has no strategy except to create an empire and squeeze it for $$.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Under achievement has always been a problem in security. That's likely down to the fact that when security problems are found most places don't want to fix them they just want to minimize the impact and keep on trucking.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I would never go so far as as say under achievement. let's just say they could never focus for success due to conflicted management. The princess certainly has enough managers. Remind me again. how many managers does it take to manage that few staff.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Good point. I'm interested to see how many people who have been here get opportunity to advance in the new world. Princess brang in her guys from former company and AM bringing in his. Good to see some new faces but hope that is balanced with opportunity for us

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

No opportunities yet + many people leaving, what does that tell you?

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It tells me it's a crap shoot and generally speaking if you are 'legacy', you need to sit down and wait while they decide your future. No thanks

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Unless you run badge reports for the CIO and can portray yourself as capable of building a simulation practice. Then your G

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

HA! yes. She's the closest thing we have to eye candy so I guess AM approves. But at the end of the day---what has she delivered? Oh right right right--It's not a delivery group. It's about ideas and strategy! ahahahahahahaha

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What has anyone delivered? QIT is a slow moving cluster

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

surely you have seen the monthly roundup of success slide presented at all hands meeting <sarcasm>

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Ha ha ha. I was on that monthly slide many times. Look at me now.:(