Lederle Labs: any reps from the Cyanamid days still around?

Discussion in 'Wyeth' started by Anonymous, Mar 29, 2008 at 4:01 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I just read the news about the Wyeth layoff. I worked for Lederle Labs years ago. I thought I would throw out some names I remembered and see if any of those folks were still around. Tough times in the industry, and I sincerely feel for all of you. I know that many quality people were cut with no real justification other than a bad business climate.

Any updates on these people would be appreciated:

Brent Clarkson, DFW area.

Jael Castaneda, DFW area.

Rob Happe, DFW area.

Mark Sanders, DFW area.

Jennifer Hornak, Lubbock.

Randy Peets, Midland.

Frank Otken, Lubbock.

David Chambers, DFW area.

Fred Bilbo, DFW area.

Dana Hampton, Amarillo.

Laura De La Garza, DFW area.

Bruce Stewart, Wichita Falls.

Dwight McCoy, DFW area.

John Rickerson, DFW area.

Carol Sheets, DFW area.

William Stetzer, DFW area.

John Duke, DFW area.

Marjorie Hallstrand, DFW area.

Robert Decapua, DFW area.

Melba Fritz, DFW area.

Cliff Pumphrey, DFW area.

Joe Casey, DFW area.

Hey, I know thats a lot of names. All good people. I hope if any of the above are still with Wyeth, they survived the layoff. If any of the above have moved on to greener pastures, any updates would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Rob Happe still AAD in Dallas, Randy Peets an AAM in Texas, Bill Stetzer still AAM in Dallas, Brent Clarkson, not sure. It was a brutal slaughter here lately. Still, some good Lederle alums survived! I'm one who is still around, but based on the current atmosphere, it may be time to leave. It's hard to see good people let go due to unfortunate circumstances. Maybe it's time for all to leave the Pharma industry. If you want to progress your 'career', the pharma industry is not the place now. It's only regressing and it will for some time to come.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Doesn't old lederle run this company (into the ground)? Mahady, Flippen, Jenkins, etc.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Nancy Chubb still around?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

In point of fact Mr. Mahady is not a Lederle alum. He was at Wyeth when Lederle merged/was acquired by AHP. Flippen and Jenkins were.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Lederle and Cyanamid together were an excellent company until AHP took us over in 94. Since the merge, this organization has been run by r*****s with one hand in their pants and the other on the adding machine. Bean counters without personality. In 2002 we officially became Wyeth. A big hurrah about nothing. The same assholes were put in place by like-minded assholes before them.
    Today's assholes were selected by yesterdays assholes. Difference now is that they're not just stupid, but meaner than ever before. The same mentality applies. Only the bottom line matters.
    In the short term that's fine, but over the last 6 years, we've turned to shit. Now look at who is leading us. No matter how badly they do, they will become millionaires.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I remember John Duke going to Baxter quite a few years ago. I don't know if he is still there.

I also enjoyed my time with Lederle. I launched Suprax back in 1989! Those were some good days for Lederle. Great bonuses on Suprax back in the day!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Cliff Pumphery is around in Texas still as a SAM I think. He seems like a cool guy.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hey Toto we're no longer in Kansas? Welcome to corporate America!

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Clarkson is a National Account Manager in Healthcare Systems.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I was part of the Lederle sales force expansion when ProStep was launched.
    I always felt like a name, not just a terr. number, with Lederle. I'm not sure if Wyeth or the industry in general is to blame. I survived this RIF but there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason as to who survived and who didn't. A lot of really good people treated badly.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I remember Jael Castaneda! She had a Spanish accent. I believe she was from Columbia.

She used to say in meetings, "We mus all fucus!" (We must all focus!)

Several of us used to crack up every time she said that!

I have no idea where she is today.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Jael, got very sick with Rheumotoid Arthritis and had to resign several years ago. I don't know how she is doing now. She was a wonderful person as were many of the ole' Lederle people. I miss those days!!

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hey still with Wyeth today and I made tremendous money through Lederle on Bonus. Remember Maxzide? that dinosaur?? It lined my pockets well, so did Pipracil (I made good bucks with that drug)....I have to stop...or I'll start crying. Minocin, Suprax, HibB..the launches the *80's*!!!!!! Early 90's!!!!!!!

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

We could talk to product managers on the phone; area manager were available to. HERE'S the KEY TO SURVIVAL!

LINES OF COMMUNICATION WErE OpEN; NoT sOME stUPid faKE DroP doWN BOx that you HAVE to UsE noW???

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is Sara Hanzel still in Houston?

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I was hired by Lederle in 91 sold Suprax and Verelan and made some great bonus. Miss those days-especially the launch of Acel-Immune and Tetramune in San Fran and Ziac in new orleans

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Remember the parade in downtown New Orleans. That was absolutely crazy...but fun! Product launches use to be a blast!!

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ziac in New Orleans was a blast!!! Best launch ever - our own parade, the aquarium, S.K. getting plastered...(I have pictures)...

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Nothing beats the Verelan launch in Orlando. Tables of mia tias, pina coladas cold peeled shrimp... and best of all an open tab for room. I dont know how many times we emptied the mini bar. What a party. Was really funny when they annouced how much our bonus was and all the Wyeth reps (we were co-marketing then) got was a bicycle. I go as far back as the Rhematrex launch in Dallas... M.A.S.H. party wasn't it?