Left Pfizer after 15yrs & increase my Pension 100%

Discussion in 'Pfizer' started by anonymous, May 2, 2020 at 10:39 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

3 of my peers in the NE are doing this exact same thing, planning to take early retirement in Sept then enjoy Fall w Family & have something set up w startup in Jan.

Cant blame them. If you start growing your Frozen Pension not doing anything then its is all perfect situation to do.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

2 of my District members did this the past couple months . It is smart & wise.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The smart financial educated ones are doing this. They are usually the savvy ones that are self driven with great strategic vision.
    As employees get educated on what truly are the options & what a Frozen Pension actually is, & how much a corporate shell act the Retirement Medical is, then more people will bolt with 10yrs plus.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Hahahahaha! Anyone with half a brain could figure it out. Strategic vision? Hahahahaha!
    Screw Pfizer before they screw you, that’s all you need to know, because they’ll screw you every way they can.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Well that is the common layman terms I guess.
    But if you understand the Frozen Pension, Interest Rates, IRS Segmented Rates, Retirement Medical then NON-EMOTIONALLY it is a no brainer.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Very SMART as Pfizer doesnt want to educate us as $19 billion pension funds is listed as asset in 2019 year end financials.
    It us Frozen to employees but the company has that $19Billion invested in fixed income making interest off that company asset!
    So they dont want employees to cashout thus do not educated us.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Can a current Pfizer employee roll over the frozen pension, please explain yes or no. Thank you!

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

YES Most can when they leave the company, unless legacy Park Davis which there is not a lump sum option for those employees.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It is sign of the times. Many smart employees who understand the opportunity managing controlling your own pension $$$ doing same thing

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Best financial decision of my career.
    2009 left 42. 20yrs
    Took 500k Pension put into Nasdaq ETF now is worth over 3million 11yrs.
    Granted it was during Obama 8yr 300% stock mkt return & Trumps 4yr of 50% , so timing was perfect

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yes even a grade school kid can make this decision. Wonder why more people w true Frozen Pensions do not cash in $$$$

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The key is how many years. If you have over 12yrs and 250k in Pension, yes it is an awesome financial move. If less than 12yrs then really doesnt matter as you do not have enough to roll over anyway

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If you can take lump, 1.4 mil with no job to go to, do you do it ?