Left Wing Scalise Shooter Obsessed With Trump-Russia Conspiracy

Discussion in 'Political Discussions' started by anonymous, Jun 14, 2017 at 3:51 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Vagitarian

Vagitarian Well-Known Member

Not politically motivated? Then why a Congresswomen? Why a Democrat? Why not just a random citizen?

Mark Potok of the Southern Poverty Law Center says Loughner's political positions were a "hallmark of the far right and the militia movement." .

2. ThisIsYorCaptnSpkng

ThisIsYorCaptnSpkng Active Member

Why? Because he was nuts, and she was the unlucky target.

Loughner was a registered Independent, but, unlike James T. Hodgkinson, he didn’t leave behind an obvious political motive. His ideologies are fairly complicated, but, as CBS News noted in 2011, a former friend “wrote he (Loughner) had once been ‘very liberal’ and added, ‘he was leftwing when I knew him in hs & college, 3 years ago. So he may have changed, who knows.'” He did share some fringe views of both the extreme left and right, though, but was mentally ill and was angry at how Giffords responded to a question he asked at one of her events.

“There’s no evidence that the shooter even heard of Sarah Palin. And Palin aide Rebecca Mansour in a podcast interview says the image was not violent,” he said during an interview.” He added, “The shooter’s motives remain unclear."
    Read more about it...

BTW, Souther Poverty Law Center is hardly an objective resource. Just say'n.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Because you are a gullible fool who's been lied to by a disreputable individual associated with a far left organization.

Loughner was essentially apolitical. To the extent he was political, he was a leftist.

He chose her because she was somewhat famous and she was accessible. He was a troubled young man. The record is clear.

Don't be a gullible dupe!

4. Vagitarian

Actually, I have family in Tucson that know far more about the situation than you do. :cool:

5. ThisIsYorCaptnSpkng

Well, don't keep us in the dark about this.

Tell us more of what your family has kept from the public for 7 years that would make the people that knew Loughner best change their minds about his political orientation.

6. Vagitarian

Your mind is already made up - it wouldn't make any difference anyway although records show he was a registered Independent who didn't vote in the 2010 election not a Democrat as your ilk likes to pretend. He was obviously anti-government. The fact he shot a woman (not a man) and a Democrat (not a Republican) speaks volumes although I will agree that both of these shooters were nutcases. Who but a nutcase thinks actually shooting a Congressman or woman accomplishes anything?

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

LOL! So I'm supposed to be impressed by the relatives of the idiot boy who are most likely as stupid as he is?

That's a good one!

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yeah, his mind is made up because he has rationally processed the facts, something that is apparently beyond your capacity.

Loughner was a nutcase. The other guy was a politically motivated thug intent on political assassination. It's easy to see the differences.

The fact that Loughner shot a woman Democrat was purely coincidental. She got shot because she happened to be his Representative and he felt she had insulted him. Get it now, Sparky? Of course not, cause you're the idiot boy!

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Southern Poverty Law Center ? How telling is the fact the shooter ‘liked” SPLC on Facebook ? Just a liberal nonprofit group dedicated to combating bigotry but actually bigots and dividers themselves. They conveniently left out “hate crimes” committed against white student trump supporters in a report titled “The Trump Effect: The Impact of the 2016 Presidential Election on Our Nation’s Schools. They stoke the fires and cause dissension that's rampant across America.
    SPLC is Obamas mouthpiece now that hes gone FOR GOOD !!

10. Vagitarian

Coincidental? From: "Jared Lee Loughner: erratic, disturbed and prone to rightwing rants". The Guardian. January 9, 2011.
    The tone of Loughner's online writings and videos from immediately before the attack were described by The Guardian as "almost exclusively conservative and anti-government, with echoes of the populist campaigning of the Tea Party movement".

The other guy was a loner who lived in homeless shelters and devoured conspiracy theories on his laptop while he fantasized the government was out to get him.

Both were loners and nutcases.

11. ThisIsYorCaptnSpkng

Man, what's with you these days? You refer to my ilk, then you proceed to use the same descriptors of Loughner that I used? I've never called him a Democrat, but you claim here that I did. Loughner shot 19 people that day and killed a federal judge...a MAN, for goodness sakes, but your myopic focus is on Gifford. It was his f'd-up brain told him it was time to kill, and the Gifford rally was the convenient government activity to show his disdain for the government. Had Gifford been a Republican man or a trans, he would still have been shot. Then you pull out this I have relatives that live there that know more than anyone else bullshit. How weak is that? Then you start quoting from fringe leftwing sources like Southern Poverty Law Center that would call you a Tea Party member if you dare argue with Maxine Waters. Then you quote Guardian which makes you look like a leftwing tool. You're starting to sound like the resident dimwit, Doc Who, and that's not something about which to be proud.

12. #32 Vagitarian, Jun 17, 2017 at 6:04 PM
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2017 at 1:20 AM
    Vagitarian

And you're starting to sound like Sparky when you emit condescending, smarmy replies like. "Tell us about your family members," etc.

My focus was on Gifford because she, like Scalise, was a member of Congress. But you know that, you just have to make more of it than it is.

My original comparison still stands: The shooters were both loners and nutcases who had enough paranoia to decide someone in the government need to be taken out and they acted upon that warped impulse. Did they have differences? Of course. Were there similarities? Yes.

I read and watch it all - left, right, center. Saw the Friday night Bill Maher show primarily because the current Editor-in-Chief of Breitbart was the 1st guest. It's an interesting thing when 2 people from such (seemingly) different points of view actually sit down and talk vs just throwing unilateral barbs at each other. They agreed on more than you and I agree on and their conversation was more civilized. The shooting was discussed. At the end, Bill read Ted Nugent's recent statement about ending his incendiary remarks. Bill agreed it was time for tis to stop and time for people to talk and issued an invitation for him to come on the show. You can probably find the show on HBO 'on demand' and I sincerely suggest you try. Maybe our conversations will be more productive because, at times, I see a glimmer of hope when I read your posts.

13. Vagitarian

Saw the Friday night Bill Maher show primarily because the current Editor-in-Chief of Breitbart was the 1st guest. It's an interesting thing when 2 people from such (seemingly) different points of view actually sit down and talk vs just throwing unilateral barbs at each other. They agreed on more than you and I agree on and their conversation was more civilized. The shooting was discussed. At the end, Bill read Ted Nugent's recent statement about ending his incendiary remarks. Bill agreed it was time for tis to stop and time for people to talk and issued an invitation for him to come on the show. You can probably find the show on HBO 'on demand' and I sincerely suggest you try.

14. libluvsbukkake

libluvsbukkake Well-Known Member

I give it two weeks Vag and Maher will be back to his old self.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Since you're the real Sparky, you must be talking about your own smarmy and condescending comments.

But since I'm such a nice guy, I'll repeat my standing offer. I'm willing to take our time as respectful and highbrow as you desire as demonstrated by your actions. To get respect you have to give respect to me and to my positions. You don't have to agree with them, just respect them.

For example when discussing religion, you pulling stunts like spelling God with a small g and speaking of J boy and flying corpses is it serious or respectful. Disagree all you want, but it is YOUR behavior that is smarmy and condescending.

So the ball is in your court. If you want things to be more civil then start showing others respect and extending civility.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Wrong!

The Guardian? LOL!

The attacker of Republicans was a Bernie volunteer and soaked in mainstream media ie leftist news and commentary.

The left and Democrats OWN this guy in a way that no one on the political spectrum own Loughner who was the one and only genuine nutcase here.

Oh and Loughner was so prone to right wing rants that he had the Communist Manisfesto on his reading list. You know that's a standard for right wingers!

One last point, if you do consume the variety of sources, left, right and center that you claim then you truly have no sense of judgement. I can easily find and determine the truth. Either you're not looking in the right places or you have no sense.

And quoting from 2 notoriously leftist organizations and treating their pronouncements as authoritative doesn't help your cause. Not when I have yet to see you ever treat a right wing source as authoritative. The Guardian and the SPLC? Please!

17. ThisIsYorCaptnSpkng

Sorry, Vag, but you're the one who condescendingly informed the poster that you knew more than he did, because you had family members in Tucson that were more familiar with the matter than he. All I was doing was asking you to tell us more, but we both know there is nothing more that they have to offer.