Leo-Pharma

Discussion in 'Dermatology' started by Anonymous, Oct 20, 2010 at 2:57 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

this is truly a joke of a company. going to be selling one of the most exciting ak products to hit the market. going t have one of the most amateurish sales force in the market. folks, it is over. these companies only care about the bottom line. they don't want the six figure rep. they want the 50k rep who will work the asses off chasing every rx. to bad they wont penetrate the key customers due t there lack of relationships!!

truly,

Mr X

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I interviewed months ago before the expansion. I have 12 solid years Derm experience with a proven record. They offered me a base that was 40% lower than what I had been making. It was insane. They wanted to "buy" my relationships but they didn't want to pay for them. I was willing to take a cut... not 40% though!!! Furthermore, the DM was a crazy person. 3.5 hour interview and I was asked a total of 3 questions. The rest of the time was the DM telling me about themselves. I kid you not.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

seems like alot of angry people against Leo are the ones who didn't get the job. It is a tough job market out there, good luck to you all!!

Leo seems like a small decent start up derm co. in the US who is building for the long term, with the AK product. If it wasn't a promising company, you wouldn't care if you didn't get the job.

Let's be honest.

Good day!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

LEO derm group has a great future with lots of innovative stuff in the pipeline and actively looking at current drugs for sale on the market, so long term growth is key with this company. Short term can appear rough with low compensation, mediocre benefits, Chevy Malibu's (itty bitty crackerbox vehicles...the lamest company cars in the industry), and the recent hiring of very inexperienced reps that have absolutely no relationships with the dermatology community (which will cause the companies realized sales to grow much, much more slowly than if they had made a better and wiser investment in their new sales force). That being said, if you get into LEO and stick it out for the long haul, I believe you will be glad you did. Bottom line: if you want a pharmaceutical job with a company you would like to have a long term career with, then LEO is the place to be. If you want quick big bucks, and what ever other myths you think the pharmaceutical industry provides, which it never really does, than keep interviewing and move on.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I applaud this quote b/c I do think it's "keeping it real." Only time will tell. I hope it works out great, but U.S. management seems sketchy at times. Highly possible that great products and backing from Denmark may not be enough if they don't create a communicative positive environment.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

And that will all stem from Domzowski who is is way in over his head!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Has the Seattle, Wa. position been filled yet?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are joking aren't you! This is a terrible company with weak overpriced products!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Interesting I was reccommended for a position with Leo Pharma by a DSM and by a top selling sales rep. I have Derm experience and great relationships with all the Derms in my area. I was treated horrible by this Belardi & Associates and not even given a courtesy of moving forward to a phone screen with the new Manager.
    It was the most unprofessional way the whole processes was handled. The person who worked for Belardi and Associates boasted about her real estate business (recently she sent me her online e card) the call was all about her. At one point she abruptly asked to call me back in 10 minutes, which she then called back in 1 hour.
    Too bad I needed the job, as I was out of work...otherwise I would have never taken this kind of horrid treatment.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Leo will never be a big player in the derm space if they continue to run the business like it's a circus.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Leo will be OK..Unlike other derm companies, they actually have a pipeline.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I worked for a Derm company with a huge pipeline and it was sold. While it is promising to have a pipeline of some sort, nothing is ever certain UNTIL it is actually approved and marketed, which as you know is a long and sometimes impossible road.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes it's true: Even the best pipeline/product can fail with the wrong plan/culture. Mass exit of reps with relationships in dermatology brewing. Red flags have been flapping in the breeze on decisions being made over there. Too bad that ego and lack of delivery of the company's ideology will likely ruin what could have been a great thing. Denmark influence hasn't been strong enough to overpower the american corporate culture that runs rampant in pharma.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What is Koconis doing? Is he over his head? A company with that much money being running by fools?

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I think it's funny, the new sales team is making 75,000 and the old sales team got low ball offers, that shows how much Leo cares, I'm glad I didn't get the job, good luck.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Of course Galderma is going to put false rumors and lies on this post site. They certainly don't have anything in their sales bag to go after Leo with. They simply sell on sympathy or on happy hours and dinner. They are shakin' in there boots....or is that empty suits. They simply want to get LEO sucked into the negative rumor mill of cafepharma to shake a few weak reps free. I said shake away. The sooner LEO can replace waffling reps with real progressive business people the better. Onward, upward, and forward. Bye, bye Galderma.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That is disappointing. It's not about Galderma stupid, it's about Leo not taking care of their sales force. I'm done babysitting, obviously I don't get paid to do it.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Good idea to shake away the the very weak reps: number one and number two.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

LEO has only been functioning on its own in the US for only 1 month now. How can you be SOOOOOO disappointed already, you woosss.... Shake this spinless jellyfish out of LEO, Galderma. Shake, shake, shake.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They moved on to leave the fight to increase prescriptions to, instead, sell products directly to practitioners and make bigger commission dollars. Had absolutely nothing to do with how they were treated at LEO. In fact, they would have been happy to stay with LEO if the commission dollars were not so attractive at the companies they went to. Dollars, my boy. It was all dollars. Now, pick up your toys, and find someone elses sandbox to play in. This one is for big boys and girls.