Leo's Gardening, Cooking and Travel Tips

Discussion in 'Cafepharma Playground' started by leonidas, Jul 5, 2007 at 5:48 PM.

1. leonidas

leonidas Active Member

Now that my wings have been clipped and I am only allowed to post items of general interest, I would like to take this opportunity to share with my CP friends a lifelong experience of the above. I will share and invite you to share as well. Welcome to the fucking neighborhood. You start.:)

Career advice is also given here.

2. #2 leonidas, Jul 5, 2007 at 5:54 PM
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 5, 2007 at 9:16 PM
    leonidas

leonidas Active Member

Here is a refreshing cool summer dessert recipe for all to enjoy indoors and out, at the BBQ or in the dinning room.
    LEO'S Ambrossia
    1 qt Sour cream
    1 can mandarin orange slices
    1 can fruit cocktail
    1 bag shaved coconut
    1 tub of coolwhip
    1 bag small marshmallows

Mix all together and serve with a heaping serving of cool whip topping.
    Chill. Ahhh enjoy!!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I would like any and all grilling tips. I just bought my first grill and burned my first meal to a crisp. Help!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Your mom had a great time last night...fucking in my neighborhood

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Good idea, Leo. Finally bought flowers today for the deck as I had to wait until it was stained. Any gardening tips?

Great Sandwich recipe from Friday's:

Mix albacore tuna with mayo, sliced water chestnuts, and wasabi

Toss spring mix lettuce with balsamic vinaigrette

Toast 9 grain bread (or 7). Layer w/lettuce, then tuna mixture, and top with chow mein noodles.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That's what you normally put on my penis too.....

7. leonidas

leonidas Active Member

Actually there is a lot you can do with cool whip. I have a wonderful bedroom recipe reserved just for you. No need to chill, served warm.

8. leonidas

leonidas Active Member

The first time is always the hardest, but's the one you and your friends will always remember and reminisce about. You dont say what kind of grill you bought but be cautioned that NG, Propane and Charcoal grills have different temprements depending on what is being cooked. My advice to a novice outdoor cook is to cook on a preheated grill with a low to med fire to prevent flareups. Chicken will flare up as the fat burns so you cannot walk away from the grill. Season as you cook or marinade whenever you can to sear in the spices.
    Most important, always keep your tools clean and neat and clean up after yourself. Just like ---
    Good luck and write again.

9. leonidas

leonidas Active Member

Keep that deck stained, making sure to protect from UV rays as well as the elements. I recommend Olympic Deck stain and preservative, but there are other commercially available products. I like Lowe's and they offer a wide selection. Landscaping and decorating a deck should be a family project since everyone has to feel comfortable there. The possibilities are endless, and I certainly spend countless hours with the lovely Mrs. Leo decorating our exterior spaces.

Also love the TGIF sandwich recipe. I have had it and it really hit the spot with a tall glass of healthy green iced tea.
    Thanks for contributing and write again.

10. leonidas

leonidas Active Member

I would love to cook for you Mo. Mrs. Leo and I would be happy to entertain you for lunch some time.

11. When grilling chicken (charcoal, of course), sear chicken 1-2 minutes each side over the hottest coals in the center. Move chicken away from the center to the outside rack to finish cooking-place lid on.

Actually, I use this technique for all meats I grill & the meat turns out juicy & perfect.

S

12. BL4EVER

BL4EVER Guest

I am the worst griller in the world but once before I was married a friend brought over these 2 giant steaks she got as a Christmas gift from work. It was purely the blind leading the blind and for some reason these 2 steaks turned out better than awesome! I even made a neighbor come over and taste it to be my witness they were so awesome!!

13. Slartybartfast

Slartybartfast Active Member

Slarty's Salty Spud Crisps

Get a bag of potato chips.

Open them

14. AlphaMale

AlphaMale Guest

LEONIDAS, I hate to say it friend, but you are officially a pussy whipped son of a bitch now. Of course, you probably already know this.

15. Jonas Salk

Jonas Salk Guest

To help perk up house plants and especially ferns, add two table spoons of epsom salts to a gallon of water and water the plant. Do this in May and June and you will see a huge difference in your plants.

The epsom salt provides the soil/plants with magnesium, which will stimulate growth and will also helps to clense the pots of harmful salts that tend to accumulate over time.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am mortified at the thought of getting in my car with my DM on ride alongs.
    He is a very large black man and I am a tiny caucasian woman in my early 20's. I feel very intimidated and sometimes he reaches accross and touches my thigh when talking to me. (sometimes inapropriately). He is married and definitely comes on to me. How do I handle this situation? Help! He also is a very poor manager.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks Jonas, as someone who has killed every plant she has ever owned, I will try this.

18. #18 leonidas, Jul 6, 2007 at 9:54 AM
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 6, 2007 at 10:05 AM
    leonidas

leonidas Active Member

Yummy! A tasty Med desert for the discriminating pallate.
    Actually you are too young to have invented it, but I appreciate your enthusiasm. The original recipe was with canned Reddi Whip, (extra long nozzle). And I must take 50% of the credit for that. :D

19. leonidas

leonidas Active Member

Thanks for an excellent suggestion S. This is also done in a red hot skillet or grill when cooking a quality steak a la "Pittsburgh" aka "Black and Blue"
    Thank you for your contribution.

20. leonidas

leonidas Active Member

Don't argue with beginners luck sweetie! It is hard to ruin a good Omaha mignon as long as it is rare or less cooked. You probably just took it off the grill at the perfect time. That's just great, I hope it fired up your enthusiasm in cooking, it is so relaxing and therapeutic. Especially with a good bottle of Yellowtail. Did you stop at the mignon or did you go on to the tube steak later?